QC Lab Technician / Mfg Warehouse Assoc Coordinator
Job Title: QC Lab Technician / Mfg Warehouse Assoc Coordinator
Location: Newport News, VA
Category: Supply Chain
The individual selected for this position will be responsible for assuring the quality of incoming ingredients and materials, performing in-process audits and finished product testing to assure and confirm finished product compliance with all requirements, conducting routine and non- routine tests (Micro test and special testing for new product development), and providing information and technical support to all functions. This person would work a flex schedule.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining sound food science and laboratory testing
- Training all plant personnel on impact of defective materials on in- process and finished products, GMP guidelines, AIB standards, Wastewater, HAZCOM, etc.
- Ensuring compliance with federal and internal QA guidelines.
- Responsible for problem solving and implementation based on consumer feedback
- Maintaining lot tracking and data management via Infinity QS (IQS)
- Assisting with the execution of all process introductions, line qualifications, and material testing
- 18 years or older
- High School Diploma
- Associate Degree in science field is preferred
- Ability to work a flex schedule
- Working with basic laboratory equipment (for example, understanding, calibrating, and troubleshooting pH meters, density meters, scales, HPLC, or in-line monitoring systems)
- Reading, understanding, and writing standards of operations (for example, understanding the importance of documentation and recordkeeping or communicating processes or techniques verbally or in writing)
- Working with computers (for example, inputting line results, closing out results for the day, backing up programs, or using computer programs such as Microsoft office)
- Basic troubleshooting (understanding mechanical systems, locating troubles, fixing basic problems without having to call a mechanic or supervisor)
- Regulatory compliance and documentation (meeting testing requirements, protocols and procedures)
- Working in a lab for industrial food manufacturer (aseptic testing, sampling and technique, understanding simple measures, calculations and conversions)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 114249BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.