Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade Sales Internship Program
Job Title: Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade Sales Internship Program
Location: Chicago, IL
Category: Campus (Intern/Leadership)
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with over $63 billion in net revenue in 2015 and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that in 2015 each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's strength is its people. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, scattered around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals. We believe that acting ethically and responsibly is not only the right thing to do, but also the right thing to do for our business. At PepsiCo, we aim to deliver top-tier financial performance over the long term by integrating sustainability into our business strategy, leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment. We call this Performance with Purpose. For more information on PepsiCo and the possibilities it holds, visit www.pepsico.com .
The purpose of the Quaker, Gatorade, Tropicana Sales Intern Program is to provide an opportunity for high-potential college students interested in a sales management career to develop the skills and experiences necessary to manage a sales team. Interns will participate in new hire training and have an opportunity to discover exactly how our business operates through various projects. These projects will take place in one of several areas:
Interns may have an opportunity to work on projects in one of the following areas:
- Retail - Maintain good relations with all Retail Store personnel while executing individual retail goals to maximize profits. Sharing and delivering business building opportunities at retail accounts. Identifying and solidifying product distribution opportunities, sell and build displays, enforce strict product quality standards, identify competitive activity and store level issues.
- Customer Management - Identify customer needs, priorities and making regular buyer calls. Create fact-based selling presentations. Manage strategic selling opportunities at assigned accounts including non-price related sales and business unit initiatives, special packs, and the recommendation/evaluation of incremental sales growth drivers. Manage Account Planners; sell Ads, displays and merchandising. Communicate and ensure adherence to Quaker, Tropicana and Gatorade's company policies.
- Business Analyst/Category Analyst - Provide analytic support on category management initiatives in a field/customer team office that enable the sales organization to exceed volume, share and net revenue goals. Work on strategic Business Unit projects/initiatives such as new item launches or merchandising strategies to ensure executional excellence at the customer and market level
In this role, you may be called upon to:
- Successfully interact with customers and effectively sell in and execute Sales programs and initiatives
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Prepare and deliver presentations to customers as needed
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills to influence various teams
- Use fact-based selling skills and deliver exceptional customer service
- Activate local and national marketplace initiatives and promotions through merchandising products and building creative displays
- (As the work environment is physical) stand, walk, reach, and squat throughout the work day
What we're looking for:
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Professional Selling, Sales Management, Business Administration, Communications, Organizational Leadership, Entrepreneurship (other related majors will be considered)
- Previous selling / customer service experience (on- or off- campus; either through part time jobs or through academic clubs)
- Proven leadership throughout your academic career (on- or off- campus)
- Availability to work flexible schedules
- Flexibility for relocation will allow for greater advancement opportunities
- Spanish language skills a plus but not required
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Pass a sales assessment to be considered for the role
- Graduate with Bachelor's degree within one (1) year of internship completion.
- Be eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- Have a valid driver's license and access to an automobile to drive to various sales locations for duration of internship
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation, including a Motor Vehicle Report (clean driving record for the past 3 years)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability Protected Veteran:
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster ) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement ) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
- Successfully pass our Sales Assessment. The assessment is an essential step in our application - please give it your full attention. Click the following link to take the assessment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 102594BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.