Quality Assurance Test Lead - Data Warehouse
Job Code: 392301
Job Location: New Jersey-Iselin
With its reputation for innovation and award-winning products and service, Prudential Annuities is a growing and dynamic organization. With Prudential, you'll be part of a diverse workforce within an IT community that's respected for delivering high-tech solutions, and helping to achieve our common goal - to become the undisputed leader of guaranteed retirement income solutions. Your career should be an exciting work in progress, full of new experiences and opportunities for growth. Prudential Annuities offers its IT professionals access to a variety of resources for professional development-so you can take your career at The Rock® wherever you want it to go.
Sr Quality Assurance ESB/Data warehouse Test Lead
This position reports to a QA Director within the Annuities Quality Assurance department which is part of Annuities Information Technology. This position can reside in any one of our locations in CT, NJ, or PA.
The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for successful project delivery and adherence to all Annuities Quality Assurance standards and procedures. This encompasses leading and strategizing the test efforts on our initiative projects, working closely with all project team members, and ensuring a high quality deliverable for our business partners.
· Performs the role of a QA Lead across multiple applications and projects
· Ensures appropriate test capabilities and techniques are utilized for each project
· Ability to provide multiple paths of testing utilizing a risked based approach
· Provide high quality estimates at three different project phase levels. Monitors actual charges to estimates so as to complete work within budget and/or agreed upon variances
· Generates a test execution forecast and manages to it, removing any obstacles such as blocking defects
· Identifies any potential test automation candidates that exist for each project and reports back on usage
· Provides UAT support and ensures that our customers are satisfied thus increasing our perceived value
· Manages each project risk, mitigation plans and escalates appropriately
· Compiles all project related metrics and distributes as required
· Minimum 7 years experience in software quality assurance
· In-depth working knowledge of ESB software. Webmethods knowledge highly preferred
· Specialized in testing and validating XML, Web Services, JSOM, REST, HTTP, SOAP messaging
· Solid knowledge of Integration testing best practices and SOA/ESB test automation framework
· Solid understanding of QA methodology and test environments
· Strong SQL query skills and data analysis experience required as well as the ability to understand complex database structures
· Experience in Waterfall and Agile Software Development Methodology
· Hands on experience with HP Application Lifecycle Management
· Development experience or technical background a plus
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Sound project management practices and skills are required
· Proactive communicator - ability to manage risks in a professional manner
· Ability to provide technical / SME support and training
· Able to work effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team
· Takes ownership of tasks and issues and sees them through to successful conclusion
· Identifies and implements improvement opportunities inclusive of tools, process, and skills
· Self starter with ability to handle multiple priorities and projects
Experience with ETL and data warehousing concepts required.
Knowledge in Web Based Systems and SOA a plus
Understanding of Annuities or Financial Services a plus.
Experience with ALM (or Quality Center) required.
Experience in Test Automation (QTP) a plus.
CSTE (Certified Software Test Engineer) or equivalent experience preferred.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Information Technology