Quality Control Supervisor
Job Title: Quality Control Supervisor
Location: Urbandale, IA
Category: Supply Chain
This position contributes to the success of the Pepsi Beverages Company by ensuring the overall quality of ingredients and finished products in accordance with Company Standards to uphold trademark integrity. The QC Supervisor is responsible for managing a diverse union employee group.
Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Provides technical and process knowledge for water treatment/waste water, product batching, product testing, package testing and supplier capability
- Maintains Good Manufacturing Practices with regards to micro/sanitation, and pest control chemicals
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of production equipment (processing and packaging equipment) and its' related impact on overall quality
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of process improvements and technical developments
- Understands and trains others in product characteristics, attributes and Quality Control testing procedures
- Responds to and proactively reduces consumer complaints
- Utilizes sound judgment in customer and consumer issues and possible crisis management
- Sets frontline performance standards providing coaching and feedback to build capability
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree and/or a minimum of 3 years prior experience preferably in a high speed manufacturing environment
- Three years prior experience in Quality Control required
Skills & Capabilities:
- Strong communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and influence management skills
- Incumbent must be able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks without losing momentum while also completing all daily tasks efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 116810BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.