R&D Associate Scientist - Quaker Nutrition
Job Title: R&D Associate Scientist - Quaker Nutrition
Location: Barrington, IL
Category: Research & Development
As an R&D Associate Scientist with PepsiCo, you will have unique opportunities to increase technical knowledge by participating in the development of a diverse portfolio of beverage and food product categories. Our teams translate strategic market objectives into new products and processes, optimize designs per consumer response and select winning ideas for commercialization. Additional responsibilities will be recognizing specific product-related opportunities to maximize market performance of existing brands and applying solid project management skills and technical know-how to ensure clear communication of project scope, timing, and success criteria. Scientists participate in, and lead, accelerated product development life cycles that include new idea generation, prototype development, product optimization, and production start-up for global launching of new products. Successful candidates thrive in an environment of fast-paced, consumer-driven product development. This unique role also requires a strong sense of technical curiosity to help support and build technical capability in order to deliver future innovation and overcome technical challenges.
This role reports into the US Region Product Development organization that drives formulation capability for Grains Innovation (Quaker brand).
- Develop product formulations that leverages expertise in food chemistry and food ingredient functionality
- Conduct sound research, based on scientific methods, to develop knowledge that supports the company's business objectives
- Design and execute experiments, analyze and interpret data to make sound technical recommendations on product issues
- Provide technical assessment and perspective to new product concepts
- Support development of new technology to maintain and grow the business
- Leverage external and internal experts for key analytical and sensory research
- Develop and document specifications for ingredients and formulas
- Perform basic economic evaluations on ingredients, ingredients suppliers, and product formulations
- Partner externally to source ingredients and leverage vendor expertise in ingredient functionality
- Participate as an active member of cross-functional business development teams comprised of individuals from a variety of disciplines, including Insights, Marketing, Procurement, Engineering and other groups
- Support flawless project execution by leveraging and adhering to the PepsiCo Operating Model and Technical Stage Gate process
- Recent graduate in Food Science Degree or related field
- Previous experience working in a lab is preferred but not required
Skills & Capabilities:
- Knowledge in Grains technologies and Product Development
- Detail oriented individual who can support and partner with lead Scientists during accelerated product development life cycles that include new idea generation, prototype development, product optimization, production start-up for test market and national launching of new products
- The ability and interest to work in laboratory, pilot plant and manufacturing scale environments.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 116820BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.