R&D Director - Fruit/Vegetable Innovation
Job Title: R&D Director - Fruit/Vegetable Innovation
Location: Barrington, IL
Category: Research & Development
With strong executional focus, the F&V Technical/Innovation Director will work with key stakeholders to develop aligned Technical Roadmaps and lead highly-complex technical breakthrough projects. Working in a matrix environment, successful candidate will partner with both business and R&D leaders, leverage both internal and external innovation to translate consumer demand into R&D solutions that meet all quality and food safety requirements.
- Develop and Deliver an aligned Portfolio Strategy with supporting Technical Roadmaps (3-7+ years)
- Establish deep and broad knowledge of category platform and technology levers
- Know the regional needs closely (incl. the underpinning consumer, customer and internal infrastructure)
- Leverage Foresight and Insight to integrate in strategic planning (PSP)
- Identify & advocate Systems and Process Improvements within Accolade; Partner with TPM team to execute.
- Develop framework for lift and adapt opportunities and globalization of regional ideas
- Prioritize global projects and ensure resource allocation across the globe is aligned with PSP, AOP and Functional Strategic plans.
- Develop global technical guardrails and track adherence; initiate remediation where needed to align with PWP
- BS degree in Food Science, Engineering, or Technical Field; advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years R&D experience
- Strong understanding of F&V and convergence category and competitive market
- Technical F&V Knowledge
- 3+ years in R&D management with some global experience preferred
- Broad understanding of new product innovation from concept to execution with strong technical knowledge.
- Is able to focus on innovation leadership with strong anticipation of issues, risk management skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of both internal and external markets: Supply chain and strategic sourcing
- Deep analytical skills, effective \"synthesis\" strategic skills and strategy articulation/integration
- Global perspective and cultural appreciation
- Influential and persuasive skills (vision and fact based)
- Understanding and navigation of functions beyond R&D
- Proficiency of PepsiCo Processes and Systems
- Connections within PepsiCo and External (Suppliers, Academia, Consultants)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 114809BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.