R&D Packaging Director
Job Title: R&D Packaging Director
Location: Valhalla, NY
Category: Research & Development
Director role within the Pepsi-Cola Global Packaging & Processing Group, with leadership responsibilities for Pepsi Lipton Partnership (PLP) global packaging strategy
- Manage individuals supporting packaging project work areas, including interns / Co-ops, & direct reports.
- Manage external resources and consultants in support of project and department innovation objectives
- Develop work plans and strategies within core area of accountability
- Lead project & department communications at senior level meetings across regions.
- Harmonize processes and pack designs to drive system efficiency
- Support and lead Innovation Growth Plan objectives, developing conceptual and strategic packaging for PLP
- Actively manage Packaging budgets and resources to deliver PLP Packaging Innovation Strategy
- Cross-Functional Project Leadership
- Planning & Communication Skills
- Budgeting and Prioritization
- Actively participate in Consumer, Marketing and Research programs, including focus groups and other consumer research formats.
- Contribute to Research & insights Teams to incorporate packaging requirements into plans.
- Maintain open communication and build strong relationships with multiple functions.
- Lead Subject Matter Expertise in support of new Package Development and Commercialization
- Develop deep understanding of PLP strategic packages, products and processes to lead & drive growth of new packaging platforms.
- Initiate and perform detailed economic and technical feasibility studies on new packaging platforms delivered through ideation
- Lead development and optimization of packaging specifications for all PLP packaging formats
- Provide Technical Support for Field Issue Resolution
- Drive & lead continuous improvements to processes and procedures within the department
- Build strong relationships with internal and external partners across regions
- Develop, manage and report team budget status on regular basis
- BS in Chemical, Mechanical, or Plastics Engineering with 15 plus years experience in related consumer goods field.
- Master in Business or Engineering a plus.
- Proven experience in the development/execution and leadership of packaging development programs and teams.
- Effective leader in cross-functional teams.
- Fluent in specification processes and systems development.
- Experience in packaging equipment operation and interactions from in plant to warehouse and distribution systems.
- Broad technical understanding of food science, statistics, packaging, processing, quality systems, and manufacturing
- Experience with hot fill, cold fill, retort and aseptic packaging
- Experience with both flexible and rigid packaging a plus
- Field & plant experience a plus
- Experience in all facets of packaging materials and processes.
- Experience developing and managing packaging professionals.
- Lean 6 Sigma training or equivalent preferred.
- Experience presenting to Sr. leaders
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 110415BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.