R&D Product Development Formulation Documentation Specialist
Job Title: R&D Product Development Formulation Documentation Specialist
Location: Valhalla, NY
Category: Research & Development
Job Title: Product Development Formulation Documentation Specialist
- Review existing system entries and documentation to discern current in market formulations and assess formulations for adherence to relevant regulations and PepsiCo standards.
- Update legacy formulations to PV 5.0 standards. Insure formulas are safe, stable and legal.
- Ability to certify for FSS documentation oversight role and serve as documentation SME for the beverage organization
- Possess basic technical foundation of ingredient functionality and potential interactions
- Ability to conduct experiments, analyze data and make recommendations to address technical challenges
- Good communication skills both verbal and written, including timely and accurate documentation of work in laboratory notebooks; actively communicates status of research.
- Demonstrates ability to understand application of consumer research and experimental design to project objectives
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to reach project objectives
- Ability to quickly learn and master complex systems to deliver quality documentation
- Ability to research and piece together data from various sources and draw accurate conclusions regarding current formulations in the marketplace
- Ability to assess and organize large amounts of data
- Ability to demonstrate proper laboratory techniques and master formulation norms
- Ability to communicate results in an organized fashion
- Ability to self initiate and manage multiple project tasks and organize and maintain data
- Ability to communicate and highlight risks
The successful candidate will be experienced in the consumer goods industry and demonstrate the following skills:
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Prior experience with PV desired.
- Excellent technical writing acumen
- Strong laboratory skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Strong team player
- Demonstrated ability to collect, organize and communicate data
- Strong communication/presentation skills (verbal and written)
In addition, the following capabilities will be essential to success in the job:
- Ability to provide thought leadership on tactical aspects of projects
- Outstanding time management, self-motivation and ability to work reliably with minimal supervision
- B.S. in Food Science or related discipline or Masters in Food Science or related discipline a plus
- 1-2 years' experience in product development or Quality Control / Quality Assurance a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 116467BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.