R&D Product Development Manager - Nutrition Platform
Job Title: R&D Product Development Manager - Nutrition Platform
Location: Barrington, IL
Category: Research & Development
The Product Development Manager will lead the R&D team in the development and commercialization of new products for the Regional fruit and vegetable platform according to defined business growth objectives.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and project types as well as tasks across multiple brands.
- Represent product development on multi-functional business teams. Influence others through strong communication skills.
- Lead product development and cost reduction initiatives for Tropicana juices.
- Provide brand maintenance support to juice products in Tropicana portfolio, requiring strong technical skills and interaction with Procurement, Manufacturing, Quality, SRA, and Legal.
- Input and review formula and ingredient specifications.
- Support Productivity and Quality initiatives.
- Develop, plan, conduct, and coordinate product development initiatives.
- Utilize experimental design and data interpretation tools to make technically sound recommendations.
- Interpret data and communicate impact to the business.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships across R&D and non-R&D functions as necessary.
- Coordinate production at bench top, pilot plant, and manufacturing levels for shelf life, stability, sales samples, scale-up, and other needs.
- Provide trial and commercialization support to products at manufacturing facilities.
- B.S. degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Engineering, or related field with 7-10 years of experience, or advanced degree with 5 years of experience.
Knowledge & Skill Set Requirements:
- Strong knowledge and demonstration of product formulation and formulation chemistry.
- Experience in juice or beverage product development.
- Strong working knowledge of product development protocols, including formulation, stability testing, product/package interaction, sensory and consumer testing methodology.
- Possess strong work ethic and ability to be a self-starter.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Adapts to change well, with the personal leadership to influence and positively motivate self and peers.
- Outstanding teamwork and communication skills required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 113241BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.