R&D Product Development Scientist
Job Title: R&D Product Development Scientist
Location: Barrington, IL
Category: Research & Development
The R&D Prod Dev Scientist for product development role is part of the Global Nutrition Functional R&D group - Dairy Formulations PD team.
Lead development and commercialization initiatives of new dairy/convergence products to support the Dairy GNG strategy and growth agenda.
- Develop, plan, conduct and coordinate product development initiatives
- Represent PD on cross-functional teams
- Provide technical guidance and bench development for targeted development initiatives spanning the range from low to high acid dairy/convergence products
- Utilize experimental design and data interpretation tools to make technically sound recommendations
- Support production at pilot and manufacturing plants for shelf-life, stability, sales samples, scale-ups, and other needs
- Actively participate in Marketing and Marketing Research programs, including focus groups and other consumer research formats
- Develop understanding of strategic ingredients, products, processes and packages to support development of new dairy product platforms
- Build strong relationships with relevant internal and external partners
- BS in Food Science or related discipline with 2-3 years of product design experience in a consumer products company or 1-2 years of experience if with advanced degree
- Previous experience in the development and manufacture of dairy products
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) across multiple cultures
- Good cross-functional leadership skills and demonstrated ability to function effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment as well as manage multiple projects
- Broad understanding of new product innovation from concept to execution
- Good working knowledge of experimental design and product development protocols (including formulation, stability testing, sensory and consumer testing methodology)
Other Job Requirements:
- International travel may be required to meet project and business objectives.
- Occasional weekend travel is normal due to time required to travel to certain locations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 112911BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.