R&D Product Management Lifecycle Platform Lead
Job Title: R&D Product Management Lifecycle Platform Lead
Location: Purchase, NY
Category: Research & Development
This role is part of the Process, Systems and Information team within the R&D Global Functions, Governance and Compliance team in PepsiCo. The purpose of this role is to be responsible for the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) platform.
This role will require close partnerships with IT, Vendor(s) and R&D Subject Matter Experts to identify and clarify scope in order to drive deliverables.
Lead PLM Prep work to ramp up activities for the broader organization. This work will focus on:
- Integrated Spec Management business process and data definition
- Leverages the selected PLM Technology tool to bring to life process and data decisions in working sessions with technology demonstrations
- Begins capture of business requirements
- Partners with IT in Implementation Vendor Selection, PLM Software selection and program planning for Phase 1
Drive PLM work going forward:
- Manages overall business design activities for Global PLM Integrated Specification Management capability
- Serves as key business resource in Global PLM Integrated Specification Management capability planning
- Partners with Global PLM Integrated Specification Management deployment leads to ensure appropriate change management processes are leveraged for the program
- Supports overall global Integrated Specification Management Global Platform Leader to drive program success to enable PLM ISM deployment as per roadmap
- Collaborates to ensure future systems are setup to execute effective data governance, data creation and data maintenance processes
- Key contributor and participant in strategic technology decisions and adherence to direction
- Ensure R&D Business needs are clearly understood andactioned to successfully deliverPLM sub-projects andworkstreams. Examples include:
- Key R&D participant in fit gap analysis and ensures business scenarios are represented
- Serve as primary liaison with IT to ensure robust system change request process is followed
- Ensure current specification change requests are prioritized appropriately with the business based on business impact
- Ensure current system change requests planned for implementation in the short-term are aligned with PLM roadmap
- Ensures the quality capture of R&D requirements and works with teams to confirm solution requirements
- Facilitates unlocks to minimize customization
- Ensures that R&D data prep requirements are understood and provides guidance on how best can be accomplished
- Ensures resource plans in place to support robust system testing
- Coordinates with Platform Leads on legacy system retirement efforts (in timing that is appropriate with Roadmap)
Drive project management oversight with key stakeholders:
- Develop work streams and define resource needs
- Obtain alignment with stakeholders on work plan and prioritization
- Update senior leadership on status of work
- Identify issues and escalate when needed, providing options for mitigation
- Actively lead team (BIS, PSI, Consultants, FunctionalSMEs) through projectlifecycle (requirements, design, testing, implementation, communications, training, changemanagement…)
- Manage and track the progress of work plan against the schedule
- Manage vendors (SOWs, POs, Invoices, idM Access)
- 10-15 years Food & Beverage industry and/or PLM experience
- Experience with implementation of enterprise IT systems, preferably for R&D organizations with a focus on Product Development & Quality Systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead global teams
- Demonstrated ability to drive and manage change in global organizations
- Project Management professional experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong team leader
- Executive level communication experience
- Teamwork role model with demonstrated track record of initiative and follow-through and effectively working in global organization across cultures
- Outstanding Leadership, teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple project initiatives to meet business objectives
- Strong ability to effectively manage in matrixed organizational structure and provide strong leadership to diverse stakeholders
- Ability to provide thought leadership on both strategic and technical aspects and positively influence at all levels within the organization.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 115701BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.