R&D Scientist - Qualitative Researcher
Job Title: R&D Scientist - Qualitative Researcher
Location: Barrington, IL
Category: Research & Development
This role will be responsible for developing products with superior design leveraging expertise in food chemistry, food ingredient functionality and experimental design. Scientist will translate consumer needs and market trends into strategic and tactical product innovation and renovation.
- Utilize scientific methods to develop knowledge that creates business opportunities that support the company strategic market objectives.
- Provide technical and business risk assessment/perspectives related to new product development.
- Design and execute experiments, and analyze and interpret data to make sound technical recommendations on product and process issues. Know in detail and follow the innovation process to ensure a robust product design
- Leverage external and internal experts for key analytical and sensory research.
- Perform basic economic evaluations on ingredients, ingredient suppliers, and product formulations.
- Develop product formulations that leverages expertise in food chemistry and food ingredient functionality
- Develop complete product attribute specifications for new products.
- Partner externally to source ingredients and leverage vendor expertise in ingredient functionality
- Participate as an active member of cross-functional business development teams comprised of individuals from a variety of disciplines, including Marketing, Purchasing, Engineering, and other groups.
- Partnering with R&D disciplines as Quality Assurance, Food Safety, Nutrition, Regulatory, to ensure a robust, safe and legal product design. Work together with the Technology Applications and New Platforms team to develop strategic and competitive solutions for the platform
Education / Certifications:
- Education: B.S. in Food Science & Technology or related scientific field
- 2 year experience - Research and/or Industry. Equivalent education and work experience
Skills & Capabilities:
- Knowledge in Grains/ RTE technologies and product development
- Detail oriented individual who can support and partner with lead Scientists during accelerated product development life cycles that include new idea generation, prototype development, product optimization, production start-up for test market and national launching of new products
- The ability and interest to work in laboratory, pilot plant and manufacturing scale environments.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- 15 to 25% travel
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 112974BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.