R&D Sr. Technician
Job Title: R&D Sr. Technician
Location: Barrington, IL
Category: Research & Development
This position will be for the volatile flavor analysis team. The technician will support research chemists in execution of laboratory work. The individual in this role will support research chemists in execution of laboratory work by performing sample preparation (including use of analytical balances, pipets, micro syringes, volumetric flasks, distillation apparatus, and centrifuges), instrument operation (GC-NPD, GC-MS, programmable multifunctional autosampler), and lab clean up. The individual must have strong basic chemistry skills along with working knowledge of computers and MS Office software.
- Prepares samples and standards for GC and GC-MS analysis according to procedures
- Collects data using advanced instrumentation: GC and GC-MS
- Performs data analysis under the direction of a chemist
- Compiles and records experiments in laboratory notebooks
- Follows all laboratory safety practices
- Follows directions and collaborates with laboratory staff
Education and Work Experience:
- B.S. in Chemistry preferred
- B.S. in Food Science, Biology, or other related scientific field with 2 years of experience in a laboratory setting in research and/or industry will also be considered
- Experience with GC-MS, GC, and other analytical instruments and isolation techniques preferred
Skills and Capabilities:
- Use of common laboratory equipment apparatus: analytical balances, pipets, syringes, volumetric flasks
- Knowledge of basic lab safety practices
- Working chemical expertise (chemical handling, dilutions, etc.)
- Operational skill of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 114443BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.