R&D Sr Technician
Job Title: R&D Sr Technician
Location: Valhalla, NY
Category: Research & Development
Conducts Sensory Panel set-up using a proprietary software system and then prepares samples for taste versus control based on printed instructions. Reviews the results of the panel and provides approve/reject status using the software system. This role also includes receiving samples from around the world and entering the samples into the software system with a designated control. Samples are analyzed by GC/FID based on sample type. Sample prep will also be required such as, extraction, internal standard addition, and dilution. GC review of the sample would also be required using the software system and designating approve/reject status.
- Set-up sensory panels (sample versus control) that require accurate pipetting skills and attention to detail.
- Must be proficient with the methods and techniques to produce accurate and timely analytical and sensory results.
- Receive e-mails from our PepsiCo Global Concentrate Solutions (PGCS) plants requesting controls that need to be transferred to a GC vial and then sent to the plant in a timely manner.
- Prepare and maintain chemicals, chemical solutions, sample dilutions, and equipment as needed for the performance of analyses.
- Perform analyses on submitted samples using standard and other detailed methods of analysis.
- Capable of learning & applying all lab techniques, and learn new technologies as it's being implemented
- Learn the software system to produce accurate records for all work being performed.
- Organize, archive, and purge all samples on a routine basis.
- Work on a team closely with other scientists responsible for the assigned analytical techniques.
- Is a quick learner, flexible and able to multi-task dependent on the types of work that the department supports at the time.
- Must be very familiar with and understand, follow, and execute all GLP and lab safety practices.
- Must understand and follow safe handling of hazardous chemicals and have an appreciation of the normal hazards associated with laboratory work.
- Knowledgeable in GC analysis and flavor sensory descriptors.
- Must keep neat, orderly, and complete records; be able to perform basic mathematical calculations, and be able to prepare graphs and tables using appropriate computer software.
Knowledge and Experience:
- B.S. in Food Science or Chemistry with 1-2 years (or more) experience with basic analytical techniques in an industrial setting (i.e., research and development or a commercial manufacturing environment)
- Capable of learning and applying various techniques of analysis
- Analytical techniques including GC/FID.
- Good oral and written communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 114600BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.