R1015756 Customer Support Engineer - IoT and Cloud
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Additional Location(s)RTP, Richardson, SJ
Area of InterestProfessional Services
Technology InterestService Provider
What You’ll Do
Technical Services is team of world-class technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through outstanding business outcomes for our customers and partners including industry recognition and high level of employee engagement. The Cloud Support Organization within Technical Services continue to drive industry-leading Cisco solutions and assist our customers migrating to software, cloud and XaaS.
Who You’ll Work With
The Cloud Services team provides technical support for IoT, Cloud and Hybrid solutions and Cloud enabled Telepresence/Phone products on a worldwide basis via phone calls, email, web and remote access. Provide consultation to independently troubleshoot & debug solutions for Cisco customers, partners, account teams along with collaborating with other TAC engineers to resolve complex issues.
Who You Are/What You Will Do
- You will support the Cisco IoT platform – Troubleshooting data delivery from network-connected assets to multiple applications, managing gateways and fog applications, and securely managing and connecting the devices associated with a gateway.
- You will support Cloud and Hybrid Products: Cisco WebEx, Jabber IM (Cloud), CMR Cloud and Hybrid, Spark Services (Call, Message, Meet) along with phone and Telepresence end points connected to the cloud.
- You can innovate by identifying and working with your BU to enhance tools, script automation, or other activities that will enable the TAC engineer to work more efficiently and speed accelerate issue identification and resolution.
- You can provide highest-level technical support to help resolve complex customer problems from on-prem to Cisco Cloud.
- You will engage with the Engineering Business Unit to influence the quality and serviceability of the products you support.
- You will contribute to technical documentation such as troubleshooting documents used to help customers resolve common issues.
- You enjoy coaching and mentoring others to help them advance in their career.
- You will participate in delivering and exceeding customer service level commitments.
Requirements for this Role
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent field and 2 to 5 years related experience.
- You have experience in support of Cisco Unified Communications or Business Video Solutions.
- You have a good understanding of call control protocols
- You have hands on experience - Log Analysis (SIP/Wireshark/APIs)
- Your written, verbal and presentation skills are superb
- Big Data/Data Analytics
- IoT Protocols (AMQP, MQTT, Cellular, IOx)
- Network Security (Firewall, VPN, ACL)
- Telepresence (VCS, CUCM, TPS, Conductor, CMS)
- Microsoft (Exchange, O365, Active Directory, SQL)
- Programming/Scripting Experience
- Linux Administration
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are inspiring leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.