R1022086 Network Consulting Engineer
Location:Omaha, Nebraska, US
Additional Location(s)Columbia, SC
Area of InterestProfessional Services
***CANDIDATES MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND HOLD A CURRENT SECRET U.S. GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCE AT A MINIMUM TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION***
What You'll Do
The successful candidate will provide support to our DoD customer in testing and verification of solutions, along with hands on support to customers as technology is being deployed.
● Facilitate assessments of the customer’s network utilizing our toolset.
● Provide best practices consulting to remediate findings.
● Support testing and validation of solutions and software strategies, configure devices, and troubleshoot errors.
● Work with account team and their strategy for account growth – both product and services provide insight to the customer’s buying strategy and initiatives.
● Show the value of our services at all times – be proactive and get involved in all aspects of our services delivery and provide visibility to various customer forums.
● Demonstrated consulting skills and customer facing experience which should include working with the Senior Leadership Team where required and other customer teams.
● Must have an expert level command of IOS and be able to lead technical discussions about features and functionality of projects and immediately turn that around into reality for the customer.
● Prior demonstrated experience working with minimal direct supervision. The candidate should be able to effectively work on their own and engage other team members when required to meet the customer’s needs and providing deliverables as required on time.
● CCIE is highly desirable, or demonstrated equivalent experience in any one of the specialties listed
● Must have CISSSP, or Sec+, CCNA Security or equivalent
● Typically requires BS/CS/Business or equivalent plus 6-8 years’ experience in a network engineering, telecommunications support environment or internetworking
● Must be willing to travel up to 25%
Who You'll Work With
You will work alongside and amongst a mature, knowledgeable, creative team. They have supported the DoD and specifically the Air Force team for many years understanding the customer and their technology. This team prides itself on supporting each other and sharing their knowledge helping each other grow in their development.
We are looking for one in any of the technical specialties below:
● Subject matter expert level of knowledge within Cisco’s core collaboration technologies consisting of Cisco Unified Communication Manager, Cisco Call manager Express, Cisco Unity Express, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco IM&P, Cisco Jabber. Experience with gateway protocols (MGCP/H.323/SIP/SCCP) in addition to well versed knowledge working with PSTN connections (FXS/FXO/T1/PRI/SIP/CUBE) is required. Acceptable candidate should be able to lead technical discussions surrounding core Cisco UC applications consisting of configuration, implementation, troubleshooting and day to day maintenance.
● The candidate should have experience within enterprise UC environments both in troubleshooting complex scenarios and collaborating with the client and other team members to reach outcomes the meet the client’s needs.
● Ability to work with and incorporate Acano's portfolio
● Experienced in providing complex design recommendations integrating new features and new applications to Senior Leadership Teams. Advocate for the customer’s best interest and promote Cisco.
● Have Route/Switch advanced knowledge and experience with the following areas: Cisco Routing & Switching Platforms, Datacenter Switching Platforms, IP Routing, Internetworking, MPLS, LAN Switching, Multicast, Route Redistribution
● Familiarity with features, examples include: MPLS (L2/L3 VPN/VRF-Lite) and MPLS-TE, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, EIGRP, inter-as, QoS, Ipv6, IP SLAs, RPVST+, MST, PIM, DMVPN, GETVPN, NetFlow, PfR
● Must have knowledge of Data Center Networking and various Cisco components (NEXUS, UCS, etc.) that can deliver these capabilities.
● Must have knowledge of Cisco’s data center technologies and how to successfully configure these devices to implement various forms and versions of the cloud, including Nexus, NAS, and Virtualization.
● Must have knowledge of Data Center Networking and various Cisco components (NEXUS, UCS, etc.) that can deliver these capabilities
● vPC, fabricpath, STP
● Data Center Layer 2 overlays for example VXLAN, OTV, EVPN
● Network management protocols for example PTP, NTP, DNS, DHCP
● Traffic management for example queuing, policing, shaping
● Layer 2 security features for example port security, MACsec, ACL, private vlans
● Routing Protocols and features for example OSPF, ISIS, MBGP, IBGP, PBR, BFD
● Layer 3 Overlay Protocols for example OTV, LISP
● Multicast protocols for example PIM, IGMP, RP, BSR
● Layer 3 security features for example CoPP, ACL's, DAI, ip source guard
● Monitoring services for example Netflow
● Policy driven External Fabric Connectivity for example L2/L3 connectivity
● Candidate must have advanced knowledge and experience with the following areas: System Hardening and Availability, Threat Identification and Mitigation, Intrusion Prevention and Content Security, Identity Management, ASA Firewall/VPN, IOS Firewall and Confidentiality and Secure Access (PKI, IKE, RSA, etc.)
● Perform analysis and diagnosis of complex networking, security, or collaboration problems
● Build simulated networks in test labs to resolve problems and compatibility issues
● Contributes to Virtual Teams
● Provides ad hoc systems/product training
● Generates reusable Intellectual Capital in the form of standard customer deliverables.
● Has experience with ISE, FirePower, StealthWatch, ASA, Firewall and/or IPS
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco. *LI-VL1
Apply on the Company Site