R1024718 Advanced Services Network Consulting Engineer - Route/Switch
Location:Offsite, District Of Columbia, US
Area of InterestProfessional Services
***CANDIDATES MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND HOLD A CURRENT TOP SECRET. U.S. GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCE AT A MINIMUM TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION***
What You'll Do
The Route/Switch Network Consulting Engineer position is responsible for the support and delivery of Advanced Services Network Optimization services to Cisco's Tier 1 Customers in the US Public Sector market.
Performs and drives architectural, design and integration engineering for complex network infrastructure solutions. Advanced Service NCEs assist customers with tool selection and strategic direction of tools and network management systems. NCEs identify and document network design and architecture best practices.
Advanced Services NCEs align and drive focused deliverables with customer's business strategy and objectives. On a quarterly basis, NCEs are expected to present overall status of projects and delivery as part of the Quarterly Business Review. NCEs will provide backup support on other Advanced Services accounts. Engineers will leverage and generate applicable technical, best practices and white papers.
In addition to an NCEs day-to-day customer activities, training and mentoring other NCEs will be required. NCEs own the responsibility for driving regional Advanced Services projects and customer based project initiatives. NCEs will actively lead complex network, security, and collaboration design, performance engineering or problem resolution projects. NCEs solve complex,cross-functional technical issues that cross boundaries over many disparate products technologies.
Other Objectives include:
* Perform analysis and diagnosis of complex networking
* Build simulated networks in test labs to resolve problems and compatibility issues
* Contributes to Virtual Teams
* Provides ad hoc systems/product training
* Generates reusable Intellectual Capital in the form of standard customer deliverables
* May act as the technical specialist for complex deployments.
Who You'll Work With
The Business Entity
Public Sector Advanced Services--This opportunity involves helping to shape the customer's vision for their network and maintain a secure, cutting edge environment that is second to none in terms of network up time and reliability. The qualified engineer in this account will be able to have an impact on this Federal Government customer and help them transform to meet their mission
National Security Organization--This is a team of leaders - we provide the leading solutions and architectures to customers - along with cutting edge consulting to insure customer success. Our team members work collaboratively and together to deliver business outcomes to our customers, along with the resources to insure personal and professional growth.
Who You Are
Our minimum qualifications are the following:
* 5-7 years relevant experience in network engineering
* Routing (7600's), switching (6500's/Nexus 7000's), security (FWSM), ACE, blade chassis switches
* QoS development and implementation
* Assist with VoIP deployment
* Cisco Certified Internet Expert (CCIE) or equivalent skills. (Routing/Switching)
* Ability to analyze networking services requirements
* In-depth knowledge of designing complex routing and switching networks
* Expertise with Cisco software features and functionality
* Experienced with configuring routing and switching devices
* Comprehensive understanding of all IP protocols
* Ability to conduct training and one to one mentoring concerning routing and switching technology
* Typically requires BS, CS, University degree or equivalent plus 8+ years’ experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
* CCIE preferred
Why Cisco We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco. *LI-VL1
Apply on the Company Site