1. Follow the facility guest
relations program when greeting and assisting all visitors, ensuring
all visitors sign the visitor log and obtain a visitor pass.
Answer and disseminate all incoming calls on the switchboard in a
professional and courteous manner within three rings.
Utilize the paging system to announce callers as required.
If assigned, provide clerical support to admissions:
admission folder as required.
b. Keypuch revised patient data
c. Ensure an adequate supply of pre-stuffed
admission folders and distribute properly.
5. Assist with
miscellaneous patient account folders on a daily basis.
Process all outgoing and incoming mail.
7. If assigned, provide
assistance to patients and employees, such as making change, checking
valuables, providing meal tickets, and providing postage as
8. Complete a variety of clerical projects as
9. Distribute and accept applications for employment.
10. Adhere to facility, department, corporate, personnel
and standard policies and procedures.
11. Attend all mandatory
facility inservices and staff development activities as scheduled.
12. Adhere to facility standards concerning conduct, dress,
attendance and punctuality.
13. Support facility-wide
quality/performance improvement goals and objectives.
Maintain confidentiality of facility employees and patient
15. Maintain schedule for the receptionists.
Responsible for getting coverage for all shifts and be back up if
unable to get PRN coverage.
16. Inform the weekend
receptionists regarding policy changes made during the week. .
17. Input authorization letters in patient files.
Coordinate outside meetings with room assignments.
entry step-downs into HMS.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
THIS SECTION DESCRIBES WHAT KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
ABILITY AN EMPLOYEE IN THIS POSITION SHOULD CURRENTLY POSSESS. THIS
LIST MAY NOT BE COMPLETE FOR ALL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
1. Knowledge of PBX
switchboard operations and paging systems.
2. Knowledge of all
3. Knowledge of computers and business
4. Knowledge of basic business office clerical
5. Skill in organizing and prioritizing workloads to
6. Skill in telephone etiquette and paging
7. Effective oral and written communication skills.
8. Ability to communicate effectively with patients and
9. Ability to adhere to safety policies and
10. Ability to use good judgement and to maintain
confidentiality of information.
11. Ability to work as a team
12. Ability to demonstrate tact, resourcefulness,
patience and dedication.
13. Ability to accept direction and
adhere to policies and procedures.
14. Ability to recognize the
importance of adapting to the various patient age groups (adolescent,
adult and geriatric).
15. Ability to work in a fast-paced
16. Ability to meet corporate deadlines.
Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND SPECIAL DEMANDS
DESCRIBES HOW AN EMPLOYEE IN THIS POSITION CURRENTLY PERFORMS THE
FUNCTIONS OF THIS POSITION. MODIFICATIONS TO THE MANNER IN WHICH THIS
JOB MAY BE PERFORMED WILL BE REVIEWED ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS.
1. Ability to work a 40 hour week.
2. Ability to sit
for long periods, up to 8 hours.
3. Ability to use both hands
in fine manipulation of small tools (copier, computer, telephone,
typewriter, calculator, safe, facsimile machine).
4. Ability to
push and pull up to 10 lbs. (file cabinet drawers, computer paper
5. Ability to see well enough to read handwritten and
6. Ability to lift and carry up to 25
pounds to move transfer file boxes, data processing paper, newly
admitted patients belongings, as required.
7. Ability to
frequently reach, turn and twist above and below the waist daily to
retrieve files from top shelves to get office supplies from upper
shelves in supply closet.
8. Ability to hear and speak well
enough to answer and communicate on the facility switchboard.
9. Ability to handle a variety of repetitive tasks.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Education: High school graduate or
Experience: Two (2) years experience on a
multi-line telephone switchboard, preferably in a health care
environment and any combination of education, training, or experience
in a hospital environment.
Additional Requirements: May be
required to work occasional overtime and flexible hours.