The Regional Director for Interline Brands will lead multiple Distribution Centers to achieve a continuously improving and exceptional customer experience. This person will develop the skills of the distribution center managers to be more effective leaders and problem solvers while ensuring the process is continuously efficient, accurate and compliant with time commitment goals.MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 10%- Create and implement strategies to increase associate productivity, accountability and picking and
- packing accuracy.
- 25%- Create and implement strategies to increase driver productivity, driver accountability, on-the-road
- delivery time and on-time delivery performance.
- 15%- Ensure controls and procedures are in compliance to manage and control inventory accuracy.
- 20%- Create and implement Lean Initiatives to improve quality and eliminate non-value added activity.
- Recommend process improvements based on report data/root cause analysis.
- 15%- Ensure that business plan goals are achieved for the entire region including P&L goals for occupancy,
- warehouse and delivery.
- 15%- Develop strong relationships with operations, transportation, inventory and merchandising departments
- to continuously maximize Interline’s Supply Chain efficiency.
Reports to SVP of Operations
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Environment: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Travel: Typically requires overnight travel more than 50% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 7 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Management experience in distribution and fleet management including P&L ownership.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or Logistics preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Proven experience with supply chain systems and tools.
- Proven initiative and idea generation skills using data, apply to analysis and drive results
- Strong leadership, presentation, analytical, communication, and customer service skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.