Registered Nurse, RN, Regional Clinical Educator - McAllen, TX(Job Number:710093)
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position requires 70% travel in the Rio Grande Valley, TX area
The Regional Clinical Educator - RN acts as an educational resource, and advocate for patients with high-risk diagnoses such as Diabetes, CHF, IHD and COPD/Asthma and or patients with co-morbidities through the market. The Regional Clinical Educator also conducts wellness and prevention classes for all patients in the market. This position interacts and collaborates with a multidisciplinary care team, which includes physicians, nurses, case managers, social workers and other educators to develop educational strategies and care management interventions that will assist in maximizing patient outcomes. This position supports Clinical Programs activities by providing staff training related to the implementation of special projects and grant programs.
- Conducts classes on chronic disease states to include but not limited to CHF, IHD, COPD and Diabetes and health and wellness topics
Assist in providing patient empowerment through use of motivation, supportive skills, problem solving, and self-management goal setting
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary care team including physicians, nurses, case managers, social workers and other educators/health coaches to identify and provide effective education techniques for plan member.
- Evaluates effectiveness of teaching methods and provides feedback, recommendations and corrective action plans to the multidisciplinary care team for ensure patient progression toward goals.
- Conducts learning needs assessments to identify patient knowledge deficits and utilizes effective educational techniques
- Ensures that all educational content is updated to reflect changes in standards of care, and formulary and procedures changes
- Ensures all new initiatives, policies and procedures, guidelines or other necessary updates are incorporated into patient educational program
- Manages travel and class preparation in an efficient and effective manner utilizing time management skills to facilitate the total work process
- Provides constructive information to minimize problems and increase customer satisfaction
- Seeks ways to improve job efficiency and makes appropriate suggestions following the appropriate chain of command.
- Enters patient data into the TruCare Medical Management application accurately and within specified time frames
- Participates in the development of appropriate QI processes, establishing and monitoring indicators.
- Conducts staff training related to the implementation of special projects and grant programs. Assists in the implementation of those programs as directed by the Clinical Program Manager
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
Job Clinical Administration
Primary Location US-TX-McAllen
Other Location US-TX-Cameron, US-Texas, US-TX-Mercedes, US-TX-Harlingen, US-TX-Port Isabel, US-TX-PHARR, US-TX-MISSION, US-TX-Edinburg, US-TX-Brownsville, US-TX-Rio Grande Valley, US-TX-Elsa, US-TX-Weslaco
Organization WellMed Medical Mgmt, Inc
Number of Openings 1