Relationship Director, Product & Distribution Marketing
Job Code: 397838
Job Location: New Jersey-Roseland
The Relationship Director, Distribution Marketing is a high-profile position reporting to the Vice President, Product & Distribution Marketing in Group Insurance. The Director is the key marketing contact to all Sales Executives and Account Executives/Managers, providing marketing guidance and consultation to maximize growth opportunities. The incumbent understands the financial services industry, including market expectations, products, services and the distribution channel.
The Relationship Director is accountable for driving marketing activities related to high-impact Distribution opportunities such as finalist meetings, client meetings, conferences and broker capability presentations. In addition, he/she is responsible for developing and driving new marketing initiatives that help drive Distribution goals. The position will partner closely with the Marketing Services and Marketing Operations teams to execute timely and accurately on marketing deliverables.
· Serves as the Marketing point of contact for Distribution.
· Consults with Distribution partners to understand business opportunities, market drivers, and growth potential. Recommends the most effective marketing solutions to maximize each opportunity.
· Aligns marketing recommendations with the strategic goals of the organization; able to see the big picture impact of individual projects and adjust direction accordingly.
· Develops and manages the industry event calendar. Collaborates with business partners to identify event opportunities, defines marketing presence and logistics, and coordinates speaking opportunities to drive business priorities.
· Collaborates with Subject Matter Experts in product, service, and operations to properly position capabilities to brokers, employers and consumers.
· Accountable for the accuracy, timeliness and effectiveness of the marketing deliverables developed under their direction.
· Continually looks to improve the process and procedure to maximize Marketing’s effectiveness on the business. Identifies best practices, celebrates success and models change.
· Communicates comfortably with all levels of the organization.
· Presents to internal and external audiences.
· Educates the Distribution team on new Marketing tools, programs, and positioning skills, enabling them to elevate the Group Insurance value proposition with a common voice.
· Bachelors degree highly desired.
· 3 years B-to-B and/or B-B-C marketing experience highly desired
· Excellent consultative skills with a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar capacity.
· Strong business acumen and a functional knowledge of financial service products, services, distribution and market environment preferred.
· Demonstrated record of successfully transforming business partners’ objectives into effective strategy
· Able to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
· Able to influence without authority to all levels of the organization
· Demonstrated ability to develop, lead and execute projects
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Marketing/Advertising/Public Relations/Corp. Communications