Job Code: 387198
Job Location: Connecticut-Hartford
The Relationship Manager is a professional level position that requires the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
This role is responsible for maintaining and enhancing relationships with new and existing Defined Benefits (DB) clients and key intermediaries, ensuring client satisfaction through periodic client meetings and discussions covering service levels, plan utilization, client retention, product offerings, plan economics, and investment performance. The Relationship Manager also partners closely with sales, record-keeping and operations associates, and will be required to participate in sales finals presentations. While this role has overall responsibility for client relations, day-to-day service and administrative issues are handled by record-keeping or operations staff. This job is an exempt level and not eligible for overtime.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of three years of related relationship management or plan administrative experience; possess strong verbal and written communications skills, knowledge of the retirement industry and competitive environment.
- 3 or more years of related relationship management or plan administrative experience
- B.A or B.S degree is required or equivalent retirement industry work experience (advance degrees or retirement designations are a plus)
- Defined Benefit experience is strongly preferred
- Proven excellent customer service skills and progressive probing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commitment to timing and quality standards
- Ability to understand and apply complex compliance concepts
- Knowledge and understanding of Pension Industry
- Ability to identify and facilitate issue resolution
- Proven ability to take initiative
- Proven prioritization and organizational skills
- Proven ability to understand and apply new concepts and products
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to react to change in a positive and productive manner
- Ability to handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Strong Leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- FINRA Series 6, 63, and State Life Insurance licensing is required and must be obtained within 120 days of employment
Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening and a credit check. Failure to comply will eliminate an applicant from consideration for this position. Any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the applicant from this and any other position in Prudential, including their current position if they are an internal applicant.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Investment Management