Job Title: Reliability/Validation Engineer
Location: Valhalla, NY
Category: Research & Development
The system engineer in Equipment Development Engineering will contribute to establishing process and documentations for new equipment platforms (Vending, coolers and Fountain) of existing one. This position will support the Director by providing technical expertise, specification, design of test plans and work with key suppliers to develop overall system integration to all models.
- Work closely with Product Development, Global Procurement, Operations and Marketing to ensure proper testing and effective deployment of technology
- Ability to support cross-functional teams and key customer presentations
- Analytical thinking: Ability to use statistical tools or conduct analysis,
- Strong communications and presentation skills, lays emphasis on teamwork
- Results driven individual, willing to work with minimal supervision or no supervision
- Develop or revise new specification for new and existing platforms, with focus on total system performance and key sub-systems.
- Ability to write basic specification for all equipment platforms or sub-system specification
- Ability to establish new test protocol for new equipment or for existing
- Establish evaluation plan , conducting testing, interpret test data and communicate results with recommendations
- Manage testing and communicate with the lab locally and offsite labs including overseas
- Manage ECR ( Engineering Change Request) process with suppliers and cross functional team
- Interprets test results from suppliers and recommend proper action of approval or further requirements
- Diagnose root cause failure during development testing and recommend proper actions
- Trouble shoot equipment off site and in the field during development testing and field test
- Issues test authorization for new models and improve and invent current process
- Improve or modify existing equipment approval process or create a new one
- Establish lab approval process and quality new lab to be Pepsi authorized lab
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent. ME Preferred
- Strong understanding of system level knowledge
- Ability to work with cross functional team including people located overseas
- Capable of statistically analyzing data/results. Ability to draw conclusions from the data and recommend a course of action..
- Knowledge about refrigeration system and overall commercial refrigeration and fountain despising
- Excellent skills in MS projects, excel, power point, MS words...etc
- Working experience in large companies is a plus.
- Knowledge of electronic testing and qualifications is a plus
- Hands on and testing knowledge of equipment
- Ability to draft evaluation plan and testing for coolers or vending machine or fountain
- Project management knowledge tools is a plus
- Coordinate and manage equipment transportation and logistics from suppliers to testing lab
- Ability to travel 15% of the time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 116510BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.