Location:Prague, Stredocesky, Czech Republic
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Cisco are always looking to identify talented people. If you are reading this posting then we may not have an open job right now, however it is highly likely we will in the future. If you are interested in working for Cisco in this capacity then please submit your details and CV or resume against this requisition so that when a suitable vacancy arises a Cisco representative can contact you directly.
What You'll Do
We are developing our team and currently looking for experienced Research Engineers with strong Software Engineering experience as well as Machine Learning background to work in an international environment in downtown Prague, Czech Republic as a part of the Advanced Threat Defense team spanning across Prague, CZ, Silicon Valley (San Jose), CA, Calgary, CA, and London, UK. We expect you to:
- Build scalable machine learning systems for detection of modern malware, advanced cyber threats, and malicious user behavior
- Build high-performance systems capable of handling challengingly Big Data maintained by CISCO, build and support infrastructures enabling large-scale Machine Learning computations
- Work in the field of Machine Learning and Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Artificial Intelligence, Pattern Recognition, Cloud Computing
- Contribute to patentable inventions and collaborate on research challenges with corporate and academic partners across the globe
Who You'll Work With
The Cognitive Threat Analytics (CTA) Research and Development (R&D) team within Cisco Systems develops innovative products in the network security domain. These products provide exceptional visibility into the misuse of the customer computing infrastructure and threats operating both in the network as well as on the endpoints. The CTA system fights not only against well-known threats, but also modern, sophisticated attacks in today's cyberspace, which include Advanced Persistent Threats (APT), exploit kits, zero-day attacks, polymorphic malware, ransomware, trojans, and misuse of user accounts inside the client's network. Such threats are not only difficult to detect, they are also challenging to report in a user-consumable way.
CTA solutions are deployed as Software as a Service (SaaS) with optional software modules for integration with Cisco cloud solutions or third-party products. To ensure easy integration with any network, it relies only on proxy web logs and/or NetFlow data.
Who You are
So, if you share our passion for technology innovation, making Machine Learning really useful and you love to interact with industry thought leaders on a daily basis, this is the job for you. We look forward to receiving your application and CV.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Exceptionally solid Software Engineering experience plus MSc level Computer Science experience. PhD level experience in Computer Science a plus.
- Solid practical experience with one or preferably more high-performance and Big Data infrastructures enabling large-scale Machine Learning computations. (CUDA, MPP, Apache Spark, TensorFlow, AWS or similar).
- Capability to stand up and formulate technical arguments supporting one’s opinion
- Teamwork spirit and excitement to work on complex cutting-edge systems for detection of modern malware and advanced cyber threats is essential
- Excellent logic and problem solving capabilities
- Can-do attitude with a strong drive to take the initiative and complete tasks.
- Fluent English
An important plus will be:
- Working experience in research projects. Research experience in several of the following areas: Machine Learning and Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Artificial Intelligence, Data Mining, Pattern Recognition, Cloud Computing, Game Theory, Graph Theory
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Solid research publication record
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.