There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical part of OptumCare is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
The Pre - OP / PACU RN supports the vision of the positive patient experience (PPE) by working cooperatively with the Pre - Op / PACU / OR teams to achieve positive patient outcomes. Supports standards of care in association with compliance to all state and federal regulations, standards of practice and SMA policies and procedures. These positions will also allow for varied scheduling of surgeries to accommodate requests for late blocks and possible weekend blocks for surgeries.
- Implement patient care using nursing process of assessment, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documentation
- Documentation of initial assessment, nursing intervention and patient and facility education and response
- Safe control of all pharmacy and medical supplies. Assists in maintaining clean patient care environment
- Professional courteous rapport with patient's families, coworkers, and surgeons. Liaison between patient, family, surgeon, and staff to coordinate care and services
- Conduct pre and post-operative teaching to patient and family members
- Participate in facility compliance activities and programs. Work cooperatively with other members of the team to maintain records and reach facility goals