There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical part of OPTUMcare is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
The RN (with current NV licensure) is responsible for overseeing and participating in day to day clinical care of patients. Employees are involved in direct patient care in a Clinic or Urgent Care setting.
- Responsible for providing patient care using the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementing, evaluating and documentation of patient information to include vital signs, chief complaint, review of medications, allergies and interventions, including IV therapy and drug administration
- Prepares patient for exam, notes and documents responses to interventions and confers Provider
- Provides clinical intervention such as drug administration, treatments, IV Therapy, and procedures as ordered by provider
- Initiates clinical follow through for patient care services, i.e., lab, x-ray, pharmacy, referral and telephone communication
- Delegates and assists co-workers with duties, to include but not limited to floating to other areas
- Responsible for maintaining required licensure and certification