Sales Rep - Relief Convenience/Gas-FT/Days
Job Title: Sales Rep - Relief Convenience/Gas-FT/Days
Location: Hayward, CA
Category: Engineering, Manufacturing, Utilities
$23.41 per hour
This position is a labor-intensive position requiring lifting/carrying cases weighing from 25 - 45 pounds repeatedly over 10-12 hour period and working across a wide variety of weather conditions. Also requires standing, walking, reaching, and squatting while merchandising product.
• Identify customer sales opportunities and sell and execute promotions, place equipment, and sell sufficient product to address the opportunities
• Utilize point-of-purchase materials to stimulate sales
• Generate selling opportunities by maintaining and increasing shelf facings, cleaning shelves, and rotating products
• Provide excellent service to assigned accounts and create and maintain goodwill with all customers (e.g., communication, rapport building, attentiveness to customer needs, etc.)
• Merchandise product sections and build displays to stimulate sales
• Complete required paperwork in an accurate, legible, and timely manner
• Communicate customer issues to manager in charge
• Position requires additional duties as assigned by manager to potentially include, but not limited to, warehouse support, etc.
• Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
• 18 years or older
• Pass the drug test
• Pass the background check
• Must have car to access multi-store locations within assigned shift
• Valid driver's license and proof of insurance
• Experience with merchandising (e.g., standards, plannagrams, product displays, stocking/rotating product, back-room organization, etc.).
• Experience with consumer products (e.g., multiple packages, product sizes, etc.).
• Experience selling beverages and/or consumer products (e.g., making sales calls, filling orders, handling customer problems, etc.).
• Experience with financials (e.g., profit margins, gross profit dollars, etc.).
• Experience performing physical work (e.g., lifting heavy products, walking, bending, etc).
• Experience with serving as a team lead (e.g., communicating, surfacing issues, solving problems, etc.).
• Experience with hand held computers (e.g., mobile technology, etc.).
• Experience with assembling and servicing merchandising equipment (e.g., cold barrels, cooler glides, cleaning parts, etc.).
• Experience with in-store marketing (e.g., POP placement, building creative displays, etc.).
• Experience with paperwork/documentation (e.g., organizing, filing, submitting, etc.).
• Experience with contracts (e.g., setting up new accounts, filing credit applications, etc.).
• Experience with managing a route (e.g., prioritizing stops, setting a schedule, servicing accounts, managing delivery windows, etc.).
• Experience with financial targets (e.g., achieving volume/sales/revenue targets, being held responsible for product breakage, etc.).
• Experience in a retail environment (e.g., working big box, club, convenience stores, etc.).
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.