SAS Specialist, Information Managment
Job Code: 397098
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
The Specialist, Information Management will be part of the Marketing & Customer Experience group within Prudential's Individual Life Insurance (ILI) division. The candidate will be required to extract customer and/or producer data from multiple sources, databases and environments, in order to create a variety of reports. Some of these reports will be used to facilitate ILI/Prudential Advisor service and marketing campaigns and initiatives. Other reports will be created in response to inquiries from various departments such as Operations and Control, Compensation and Internal Audit.
The candidate will also be expected to generate customized producer “Books of Business” reports, as well as various Customer Experience, Prudential Advisor field office, and Third Party Brokerage customer and producer report requests. The successful candidate will initially work under the general direction of more senior staff, supporting the area’s customer list management and programming functions. Over time it is expected that the successful candidate will be able to work more independently on multiple projects, thus expanding the role.
- Create, enhance and support internally developed SAS processes
- Work with internal staff as well as third party vendors to elicit and analyze business requirements, determine optimal solutions, and create and test these solutions
- Generate customer/producer reports based on campaign/initiative criteria
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously in an adhoc environment, usually under tight time constraints
- Hands-on SAS programming experience, preferably in a Unix environment
- Working knowledge of Mainframe, Cyberfusion, Autosys, Hadoop, SQL
- Life insurance business domain knowledge preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong technical and problem solving skills, coupled with excellent attention to detail
- Highly motivated team player, with a strong work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or other related technical disciplines, or equivalent work experience required
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Information Technology