Outside Accounts is a sales professional who is responsible for implementation of strategies and relationships with national and regional strategic liquidation customers. This position has the ability to identify current buying cycles as well as future buying opportunities in an effort to show year over year portfolio growth. The Manager should have the ability to develop relationships and create a large network of liquidation buyers in order to diversify The Home Depot’s buying base. Communication with executive leadership of corporations with a multi-state footprint is essential. Position will report to the National Secondary Market Program Manager.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- 50% - Schedule and complete sales calls with portfolio customers to drive sales growth and solution implementation.
- 25% - Work with National Secondary Market Program Manager on lead development, account management and category sales drivers.
- 15% - Travel to RLCs to ensure programs are executed to standards and SOPs. Attend key industry conferences to remain abreast of latest in technology.
- 10% - Provide periodic updates to field and Sr. Leadership on how THD is performing to established goals (financial, operational).
Nature and Scope:
This position reports to Manager Secondary Markets Programs.
This position has 1 direct report.
Environmental Job Requirements:
Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
Typically requires overnight travel more than 50% of the time (domestic and international)
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Work Experience Required: 3
Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
- Experience in Outside Sales, with a clear track record of Account Development
- Experience building regional accounts in the secondary market space
- Spanish Speaking
- Ability to travel more than 50% of the time
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to communicate and negotiate contracts
- Knowledge and experience in secondary market space, including salvage, recycle, donation, and refurbishment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.