Securities Operations Specialist
Job Code: 383458
Job Location: New Jersey-Iselin
The Securities Specialist is responsible for providing operational support for the securities operation function. This is a technical position and does not typically have supervisory responsibilities. The functions supported by the specialist include the reconciliation of trade related data, processing account and security updates as well as other Data Integrity related functions, resolving cash and position discrepancies, and responding to adhoc requests, account maintenance, transaction processing.
Other responsibilities include: Proactively seeking ways to improve current processes by leveraging the tools available to identify inefficiencies. Communicating cash and position discrepancies to both internal and external partners such as finance. Assisting in the development of guidelines and procedures for the function. Incumbents typically have 2 - 5 years financial services experience and knowledge of investment products and services and operational support requirements.
To be considered for the position of Securities Operations Specialist the applicant must have:
- Current FINRA Series 7 and Series 63 or 66 or obtain within 120 days of hire
- Strong customer service skills and values
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- The ability to research and resolve complex issues
- Sound decision-making abilities
- The ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be receptive to detailed and frequent performance feedback
- Proven record of dependability
- Ability to work in a fast paced high intensity environment
- Strong written communication and phone skills
- Strong time management skills
- Overtime may be required during periods of high volume
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- 1 to 2 years of Trading or Customer Service experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Customer Service and Call Center