Security Project Assurance Lead
Job Title: Security Project Assurance Lead
Location: Plano, TX
Category: IT and Internet
The Security Project Assurance Lead will be responsible for assessing the project deliverables of the Global PepsiCo projects to support the Information Security Group by driving security requirements, and validating compliance with the Standards and Policies throughout the project lifecycle.
The Security Project Assurance Lead will review project deliverables throughout the project lifecycle to identify security requirements, risks, and ensure standards are met. They will guide and advise the project teams on the required ISG processes needed to gain compliance with the ISG standards and policies. This role will need to balance business priorities and cyber security risks to ensure the ISG requirements are met while adhering to the project lifecycle. The role is a blend of functional, business, and technical skills that require a deep dive into technology and technical/functional architecture to assess and validate the security standards.
Following are key role expectations:
- Drive information security practices and processes throughout the project lifecycle.
- Own the project deliverable reviews throughout the project lifecycle.
- Assess the functional/technical project documentation in each phase to identify and validate the security requirements, and direct and engage teams through the ISG processes as needed.
- Develop and implement new processes within the Project Lifecycle to ensure ISG engagement and validate completion of the security requirements.
- Develop and maintain new metrics to measure the ISG requirements and project compliance to allow aggregated risks to be measured.
- Determine security requirements/leading practices for new technical/functional areas of assessments.
- Become a SME for the Information Security standards and policies and how they relate to different project technologies.
- Facilitate project deliverable reviews and drive alignment across diverse parties.
- Present project updates, exceptions, risks and issues (functional/technical) to various stakeholders and levels throughout the organization.
- Partner with projects to identify and escalate where exceptions are required and direct projects to the process when required.
- Understand and conduct reviews of secure coding standards and their application to the security and scan requirements.
- Develop new processes to ensure global project assessment and ISG standards are met.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or other STEM equivalent.
- Experience working in a global environment in the Risk and Compliance area, Governance experience strongly preferred.
- Project Management experience is preferred.
- Self-starter who demonstrates leadership skills and takes initiative.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact effectively with direct managers, staff and vendors in both technical and business roles.
- At least one of the following certifications is highly desirable: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT).
- Ability to read, write and speak Spanish proficiently is preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 116321BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.