Security Systems Consulting Engineer - Channels
Location:Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Additional Location(s)MALAYSIA.SELANGOR.PETALING JAYA, Singapore
Area of InterestSales - Product
What You'll Do
The Channel Security Consulting System Engineer (CSE's) primary responsibility is to provide technical guidance and sales support to Channel partners in ASEAN on Cisco Security Portfolio and solutions. You will align with the Sales teams and Channel Account Managers in the ASEAN region to create, update and deliver the partner technical enablement strategy.
You will be tasked to lead, monitor, report on and drive technical enablement activities for assigned partner base in ASEAN.
- Evaluate current partner's technical readiness relative to Cisco's technical strategy (solutions, product,
- services, quality of service, reputation) and identify gaps in readiness Promote the technical value and benefits of Cisco Security solutions
- Encourage partners to utilize Cisco technology internally and promote development of a sales demo-centre at their facility
- Build trusted technical advisor relationships with partners and leaders of various partner groups, linking the Cisco vision to relevant business strategies
- Use Cisco defined processes and tools such as SFDC to navigate through the sales cycle, implementing relevant Cisco partner enablement programs and tools to drive partner sales opportunities
Solution and Architectural Selling
- Explain the various types of Cisco solutions/architectures and how they're interconnected, ensuring that the features and benefits of Cisco technology are understood and valued by partners
- Help partner technical sales teams design innovative architectural solutions that drive strategic objectives and help differentiate partner offerings
- Participate in partner business planning activities by supporting development and execution of the partner Technical Business Plan
- Assist in current partner capabilities inventory process and help identify gaps
- Customize and review a Technical Readiness Plan that includes measurable milestones to track progress
- Facilitate partner SEs achievement of Cisco and industry certifications
- Support technical training of partner's presales and post sales technical resources. Engage extended team for support in trainings
- Provide training on articulating Cisco value proposition and solution planning and positioning.
- Assist in the presentation of partner technical seminars and webinars.
- Educate partner on available Cisco partners resources and tools
- Participate in measurement of the partner's progression against Technical Readiness Plan
- Provide on the job training for partner SE's by allowing partner SE's to shadow presentations and evaluation installations.
- Oversee partner presales activities (competitive analysis, test plans, demos, proof of concepts, RFPs and network designs)
- Cross communicate Cisco and partner value propositions, especially between partner and Cisco field SEs
- Proactively gather insight into strategic / high-value opportunities that the partner is pursuing and communicate with Cisco field team
Partner Service and Support
- Act as key contact and escalation point for partner technical issues within Cisco
- Educate and promote use of Cisco partner support tools (e.g. TAC, TSN, Partner Helpline, PDI, etc.)
- Assist partner in qualifying customer technical requirements
- Assist partner in refining and researching technical requirements of an opportunity
- Work with partner to develop technical account plan
- Work with partner in driving solution development (demos, POC and technical questions)
Personal and Organizational Development
- Provide feedback to Cisco business units (Products and Marketing) on features and solutions gaps in current products and integrated solutions (Cisco / other vendors)
- Keep current on the capabilities and limitations of key Cisco competitors in local marketplace
- Keep current on changes in business drives and market issues as it relates to partners
- Actively participate and contribute to Cisco technical community
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Security delivers intelligent cybersecurity for the real world, providing one of the industry's most comprehensive advanced threat protection portfolio that is integrated, pervasive, continuous and open. Cisco's threat-centric approach to security reduces complexity while providing unmatched visibility, continuous control and advanced threat protection across the entire attack continuum -- before, during and after an attack.
Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO) is taking big steps to position Cisco as the #1 IT Security provider in the industry. In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there.
Who You Are
- At least 10 years of experience, including five in the security field.
- Some form of in depth experience such as networking, security, competition and channels business dynamics.
- Able to explain how technical solutions can be applied to solve business problems, and should be able to speak the languages of business and technical decision makers alike.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
Personal qualities we seek in a candidate include:
- A genuine personal commitment to partner and customer success
- A commitment to timely partner/customer communication and good partner/customer service
- Effective self-management and self organization and ability to comfortably work with remote sales management teams
- Effective marshalling of his or her available resources to overcome challenges
- A willingness and ability to travel
- University degree in a technical discipline or equivalent
- Cisco CCIE very highly regarded
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.