Security Systems Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales
What You'll Do
Ever wondered what it would be like to immerse yourself in the ocean of major technology disruptions in the world today? What if you could be rewarded for being at the epicenter of helping to drive the sales of one of the largest pioneers of the Internet on our planet?
Imagine having a meeting using Telepresence with your customer who is somewhere around the world and yet you talk the same language: technology. The next day, working from home, you could help your customers achieve results - making their business more productive, improving vital communication systems to help facilitate delivery.
You will design solutions for their business needs by being assigned to a specific architecture focusing on a particular solution/technology area. You will also drive adoption of Cisco solutions to help those customers get the most out of their technology investment.
In the end, the outcome is: help people, connect lives, and change the world – that’s what we do.
Who You'll Work With
As a member of the Virtual Systems Engineering team within the Global Virtual Sales and Customer Success organization, you will be part of one of Cisco’s fastest growing sales teams and the talent engine for Cisco Sales. This is a diverse and motivated team that consistently delivers profitable growth.
We serve our customer life-cycle through a series of selling motions to drive higher value and an optimal experience from Cisco solutions.
We are a dynamic and international team that brings excitement to the sales floor every day. We connect Cisco customers with solutions that can transform their businesses and change the world for the better. We will provide you with a platform for success including: coaching, training and on-the-job learning that will strongly support you in your career advancement.
You will discover an innovative, flexible and award-winning working environment using the latest Cisco technologies to enable and empower you to perform to the very best of your abilities. Our teams adapt quickly in response to market changes and we are all highly encouraged to give back to our local communities.
Who You Are
Are you passionate about technology and how it can affect positive change? We look for change-makers able to work in a complex environment, constantly improving things for communities and enterprises by designing technical solutions. You are a clear example of collaboration and put great importance on interpersonal relationships.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
* Experience in markets where Cisco competes
* 5/10+ years' experience as Systems Engineer or equivalent, in similar or adjacent industry, start-up or consultancy company
* Demonstrate deep technical expertise across the Security portfolio and articulate business relevance
* Understand Security deployment models and adjacencies
* Have a strong command of the competitive landscape and competitive vendor strengths and weaknesses
* Demonstrate clear awareness of the Security marketplace, trends & transition
* Understand and can articulate Cisco's vision, strategy and architectural approach to Security
Be able to communicate at a wide range of technical levels, from the deep dive engineering discussion to higher level visionary ideas illustrating the value a Cisco network brings to the customer
* The love for IT and ability to tap into technology
* Science, Technology, Economics or Mathematics related major
* Understands the value of Scripting, Software and Everything as a Service.
* Innate curiosity and eagerness to learn; Ease in embracing complexity and a natural team player
* Must be fluent in English and Spanish, both spoken and written
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.