Senior Actuarial Associate (Statutory and Tax Forecasting Team-Annuities)
Job Code: 378498
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
This position is part of the actuarial Statutory and Tax forecasting team in the Annuity Actuarial – Risk Analytics and Strategy department. It requires a motivated individual who is pursuing an actuarial career path, can work independently, is accountable and control conscious. The candidate must be willing to quickly learn about the products and risk profile of Prudential’s variable annuity block. The successful candidate will engage in challenging projects, and be provided partnership opportunities with Finance, Treasurers, and Tax Actuarial. The candidate will gain “big picture” insight into the annuities business. The individual will also be involved in the conversion of the forecasting platform to GGYAxis.
The individual’s responsibilities may include:
· Learn Prudential’s Statutory and Tax frameworks and how to apply them for the Annuities business
· Produce statutory and tax projections to support Annuities quarterly forecasting process
· Work closely with Actuarial Valuation, Annuities Finance and Tax Actuarial for all forecast related deliverables
· Provide the necessary explanation and analysis of the forecasts for various internal stakeholders
· Support the development and implementation of enhancements to current forecasting methodology
· Documentation of processes
· Ad hoc research and development
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher in mathematics, statistics, economics, actuarial science, finance, or other quantitative field
· Must have at least two years of experience in an actuarial role
· Must have at least two actuarial exams completed
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Attention to detail; well organized
· Experience in GAAP or Statutory valuation for life insurance or variable annuity products is desirable
· Experienced user of MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Access
· GGY Axis experience preferred but not required
· Understanding of actuarial risks, and the ability to communicate them in oral or written form to Finance associates
· Team player willing to partner across functions to deliver results
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Actuarial