Senior Administrative Assistant
Job Code: 400278
Job Location: Connecticut-Hartford
Under general supervision, the Senior Administrative Assistant supports Key Accounts and other Senior Leaders in Sales with their administrative needs such as travel and expense management. This individual prepares documents and analysis using intermediate level of proficiency with the Microsoft Office product suite to produce a wide range of material, which may include page layouts, presentations, the development of complex tables and statistical charts using basic formulas, and the ability to sort through and manipulate data using features such as pivot tables and v-lookups. This individual relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals, working independently and proofing own work. This individual adheres to all Prudential policies, procedures, and guidelines and maintains confidentiality on all information.
- For assigned individuals, perform travel and meeting planning, calendaring activities, expense management including reconciliations of corporate card statement and invoice processing
- Perform general office support functions including, but not limited to, ordering office supplies, greeting office visitors, scheduling conference rooms, arranging video and teleconference calls and maintaining all office equipment, including maintenance of printers and copiers
- Perform administrative duties including photocopying, filing, and records retention activities as required
- Assist in the research of information through search engines such as OneSource or Hoovers as requested for client intelligence, Research 5500 reports through FreeERISA and maintaining prospect/client information in PruForce
- Assist in resolving all technology issues, including ordering office equipment, such as laptops and mobile phones as required and maintaining inventory of serial numbers and the make and model of office equipment
- Assist with management of all logistics for conference and meeting planning, including, but not limited to, securing venue, scheduling meetings and off-sites, creating presentations, ordering catering, etc.
- Create and format all client and internal presentations and correspondence as well as coordinate all prospect mailings by coordinating bulk mailing requests, mail merges and creation of client correspondence. Ensure that all regulatory compliance guidelines are adhered to
- Assist as a “Delegate” in MY TIME system to record and approve Paid Time Off (PTO) requests for those associates who have direct reports. Reconcile and assist with attendance discrepancies for the team
- Assist with all data management requests such as, but not limited to, running reports, summarizing results, ad-hoc research, offsite data requests, and billing support
- Assist with new hire on-boarding process, including ordering equipment and submission of security requests for access to certain applications and internal systems
- Assist the Business Reviewer with all Gift & Entertaining, LM-10 and Sponsorship reporting requirements as requested
- Assist with the dissemination of all communications, ensuring accuracy, timely completion and meeting specific deadlines with thorough follow through
- Participate in staff meetings and takes meeting minutes as requested
- Provide support to alternate field locations as required
- Takes on additional tasks as requested by Management
- Associate's degree or equivalent industry work experience
- 3-5 years of financial services and/or customer service experience preferably in the Retirement industry
- Demonstrated intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, all applications
- Strong analytical skills with a high degree of attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to successfully juggle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify process improvements in an effort to improve productivity and efficiency
- Strong and attentive listening skills with the ability to analyze the situation and draw appropriate conclusions
- Aptitude to quickly learn Prudential’s business and administrative procedures
- Basic knowledge of retirement business, administrative procedures and investment products is a plus
- Can operate autonomously but also serve as a strong team contributor on a diverse and matrix team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Administrative and Support Services