Senior Analyst, Consumer Insights - Global Beverages Group
Job Title: Senior Analyst, Consumer Insights - Global Beverages Group
Location: Purchase, NY
Category: Marketing / Communications
The Senior Analyst role will support the GBG insights agenda in analyzing a wide range of qualitative and quantitative data (including consumer demand insights, brand equity, commercial performance and marketing/advertising effectiveness), delivering actionable insights that inform & influence key business decisions. This will require deep analytical capabilities, as well as the ability to uncover foundational consumer truths through custom research (qualitative and quantitative).
Working closely with their manager and the wider GBG insights/marketing team, the successful candidate will have the ability to inform & influence decision-making, by providing both ongoing and ad-hoc assessment of business & category drivers through the application of new and existing analytical techniques.
- Manage & leverage both syndicated data sources and custom analytical tools to monitor & diagnose category, business & brand performance, identify information needs, and make actionable recommendations
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, matrix organization, adapt to changes and effectively work and collaborate on cross-functional teams
- Working with manager, responsible for managing monthly/quarterly snapshots of commercial performance & marketing effectiveness at an individual brand and/or portfolio level - with a focus on longitudinal trends, clear storytelling and actionable recommendations
- Support the broader foundational insights agenda by supporting custom analysis & qual/quant research that link to and drive the commercial agenda (including ad-hoc data pulls)
- Support Global Insights in helping to manage the relationship with our global analytics & syndicated data vendors (e.g. Nielsen, IRI, Millward Brown)
- Candidate will be required to work efficiently and effectively across multiple disciplines and brands - building on the feedback from manager and insights/cross-functional partners
- Build strong, working relationships with cross-functional business teams, the broader insights organization and external suppliers/partners
- Minimum 3-4 years in an insights / analytics role, with a very strong background in analytics and ideally additional experience in custom quantitative and qualitative research.b
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree. Advanced Degree welcome
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills, exposure to visualization and/or statistical platforms (such as Tableau, SQL, SASS, R, Python) are welcome
- A self-starter, able to shape and manage a research/analytics project from start to finish with guidance from manager
- A can-do attitude, with an ability to flex, prioritize and move at the speed of the business
- A deep empathy for consumers and a passion for understanding the role brands play in people's lives
- An ability to work with large and complex data as well as experience with tools for accessing and manipulating data
- An analytical mindset, with a passion for deconstructing and reframing questions and an ability to distill disparate datasets and sources of insights into clear & meaningful recommendations
- An out-of-the-box thinker, able to think creatively, imaginatively and holistically
- A team player, who thrives on working collaboratively, inspiring others and bringing out the best in the wider team
- An excellent communicator, who is able to deliver finding in an engaging, fresh and impactful manner, cutting through the complex to tell a simple, compelling narrative
- An effective networker, who is able to build strong relationships with global counterparts
- Be proactively curious - be willing to challenge your work to go beyond the question and challenge yourself to learn and drive a broader set of analytical tools/techniques
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 109651BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.