Senior Analyst, Corporate Control & Technical Accounting
Job Title: Senior Analyst, Corporate Control & Technical Accounting
Location: Purchase, NY
This role is part of the Derivatives Center of Excellence (\"COE\"), and technical accounting team which is a corporate function responsible for the valuation, accounting and reporting of derivatives in accordance with ASC 815.
- Prepare periodic accounting close entries and related reporting for commodity, FX, and interest rate hedging programs
- Assist in the implementation of new commodity and foreign exchange derivative programs in accounting software (Reval)
- Analyze the accounting for any new hedging program and determine whether the use of hedge accounting is appropriate under US GAAP
- Prepare initial documentation for contracts qualifying for hedge accounting
- Prepare quarterly regression analysis, effectiveness testing and contract reconciliation for derivative instruments (i.e. futures, swaps, and forwards)
- Generate periodic reports from Reval to enable senior management to analyze the impact of PepsiCo's derivatives
- Perform quarterly broker reconciliations
- Communicate with the divisions on a regular basis regarding derivative activity
- Ensure effective internal SOX control procedures are in place and operating effectively
- Prepare quarterly and annual footnotes for 10-Q and 10-K reporting
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in Accounting/Auditing
- Highly Proficient in MS Excel
- Excellent analytical skills to vet complicated hedging strategies
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while maintaining high levels of accuracy
- Highly motivated and able to work with a team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Big 4 accounting experience
- Flexible, creative, resourceful, self-motivated with desire for self-improvement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 106435BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.