POSITION PURPOSE - The Inventory Analyst works within Supply Chain/Merchandising, and is responsible for partnering with merchants to develop and implement inventory strategies that maximize sales and inventory productivity for a merchandising category. To maximize sales and inventory productivity, it is critical that the Analyst maintain the appropriate in-stock positions and manage inventory in the most effective manner across both stores and SKUs. This Analyst will work closely with merchants, vendors, stores, transportation, distribution, and sourcing to accomplish goals. The Inventory Analyst is responsible for creating accurate SKU forecasts, developing the inventory and replenishment strategy, managing parameters for each category to execute the replenishment strategy, achieving target in-stock levels and planned inventory turns, and developing recommendations to improve inventory productivity. The Inventory Analyst also works with our stores and field leadership to execute their category strategies. In addition, this individual participates on strategic process improvement initiatives to improve the overall effectiveness of the tools and processes utilized by the broader Supply Chain Organization. A typical Sr. Analyst: - Manages 400 vendors - Manages $250m+ of inventory - Supports $800m of annual sales
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
- 30% In partnership with the Merchant, create strategies and tactics that deliver financial objectives: o Sales , Margin, Turns o Product transitions, flow and exit strategies o Seasonal category and SKU strategies to both enter and exit season o Pricing and promotional activity
- 10% Achieve in-stock and turn targets 10% Coordinate needs across supply chain partners
- 10% Manage category to open-to-buy targets
- 10% Provide analysis to improve category performance
- 10% Build and maintain relationships with merchants, suppliers, stores, and supply chain partners
- 10% Train new associates
- 10% Contribute to cross functional project teams
NATURE AND SCOPE - Position reports to Manager, Inventory Planning. No direct responsibility for supervising others.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS -
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
EDUCATION REQUIRED - The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 03
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS - Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - BA/BS Degree required, preferably in finance, accounting, supply chain, business management or engineering. - Candidate must have demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to quickly retrieve, manipulate, analyze, and interpret data. - Strong quantitative skills through knowledge of statistics and quantitative data analysis and interpretation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
- Ability to translate analysis to audience and communicate recommendations.
- Critical thinking skills to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions; ability to understand and foresee implications of new information for current and future problem solving.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to persuade or influence others.
- Strong ability to multitask and handle competing priorities at once.
- Strong self-starter with ability to work with little supervision and ability to work with a team.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.