Senior Buyer - Beverages
JobTitle: Senior Buyer - Beverages
- Coordinates the execution and maintenance of inventory plans for large, complex, or high-risk categories and subcategories
- Develops and manages new and existing product lines within large, complex, or high risk categories and subcategories
- Develops strategy for Category Team
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Establishes and maintains supplier relationships
- Leads category matrix team
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides input in the development of budgets for large, complex, or high-risk categories and subcategories
- Supports strategy and growth of category
- Bachelor s degree in Business or related field and 3 years experience in buying, financial planning, replenishment management, retail operations management, or related field OR 5 years experience in buying, financial planning, replenishment management, retail operations management, or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 1 year experience using intermediate Microsoft Office functionality (for example, Excel, Word, Outlook).
- 1 year of supervisory experience.
- 3 years Profit and Loss (P&L) experience.
- 3 years experience leading a cross-functional team.
- 3 years experience negotiating (for example, cost, product quality, delivery terms) in a merchandising field.
- Master's degree in Business Administration or related field.
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Today, nearly 260 million customers visit our more than 11,500 stores under 72 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce sites in 11 countries each week. With fiscal year 2016 revenue of $482.1 billion, Walmart employs 2.3 million associates worldwide – 1.5 million in the U.S. alone. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.