Senior Client Director
Location:Moorestown, New Jersey, US
Additional Location(s)Philadelphia, surrounding Area
Area of InterestSales - Product
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Service Provider
What You’ll Do
We have an exciting Senior Client Director role open on our team! In this role, you will be able to lead a team of over 30 Sales and Engineering professionals dedicated to one of Cisco’s Top Global Business and Technology Relationships! As a successful candidate, you will be responsible for all aspects of the $500M+ relationship including systems, software, services and joint development activities. This includes formulating and driving an all-encompassing strategy and execution plan across all aspects of the business and team. You must be able to lead an open, inclusive and trust based work environment to release the greatest strengths and potential of the team. You will have extensive direct interaction with the most senior executive leaders of both companies and will report to an Area Vice President.
Who You’ll Work With
In our Senior Client Director (CD) role, you will have a deep understanding of the customer’s lines of business, their markets served, industry trends, and how our capabilities can address the objectives of our customer stakeholders. You will need to establish meaningful relationships across the full executive suite; Business, Technology, Strategy, Operations, Procurement and Finance and must build a high degree of credibility with their key reports. You will also be able to maintain a comprehensive business plan with your team to expand our strategic relevancy by driving business outcomes as fundamental to the sales and delivery process. As part of this, you will need to ensure that the tactical plans and execution of the team are well articulated and moving forward with urgency and quality.
Who You Are
Growth of share, profitably, and new franchise development are key metrics used to measure the success of the plan and execution. So, the role does require extremely strong management and operational skills to set the organizational structure and priorities, acquire and develop talent, and create a winning team culture that delivers against its commitments to the Customer, each other and the Company. In this role you will be able to show how you can establish and maintain an in-depth understanding of competitive conditions, industry practices, and market opportunities. You will work collaboratively with Cisco’s most senior executives within Channels, Services, Technology Business Units, and Cisco’s Executive Sales team. To be successful, you must be highly self-motivated and open with personal energy to motivate, inspire, and continually develop while managing market transitions and taking on highly capable competitors. You must possess the highest level of integrity, and be able to inspire trust and confidence in both our employees and our customers.
You Will Have The Following Functional Skills:
· Track record managing significant revenue and overachieving targets to meet stretch goals
· Large Account and Resources Management; Ability to meet both Tactical Imperatives and Strategic Needs
· Ability to Ensure Broad, Consistent Customer Communication and Consensus
· Proven Conflict and Crisis Management Skills to Achieve Positive Outcomes
· Extensive Experience with Large Complex Deal Negotiations, Deal Analysis and Business Constructs; including consumption models
· CxO Level Presence and Relationship Development with Customer, Industry and Internal Executives; polished, and politically savvy
· Sales Pipeline Management and Forecasting Accuracy in a High Inspection Culture
· P&L Management: profitable revenue generation in product and services
· Contracts and Commercial Agreements; including Intellectual Property
· Leadership: Skills Coaching and Development of a Dedicated Sales and SE organization of 20+
· Proven ability to Delegate and Empower while remaining Accountable and Situational Aware
· Results Oriented with High Sense of Urgency, Organization and Attention to Detail
· Experience working closely with engineering development teams to delivery capabilities to meet Customer needs and expectations
· Outstanding Written and Verbal communication skills
· OpEx and Expense Management
· Strong Technology Background and Curiosity about Emerging Trends
· Organizational Communication and Influence: Ability to provide thought leadership, think strategically and effectively communicate vision (both written and verbal)
· Team Culture and Success: Knowledge of Current Best Practices for Team Behavior and Mgmt
· Proven experience and adoption of productivity and collaboration systems
You will have a reputation and track record of success as an exemplary sales leader. To succeed in the Client Director role, you will need to anticipate market transitions and build plans and capabilities required to capture them by delivering true value to the Customer. You will need to demonstrate an engaging personality to inspire and create excitement with our sales team, as well as across the entire organization and in the marketplace.
· BA/BS or equivalent required
· 7+ years senior management experience, ideal candidate should possess both sales leadership and cross functional/general management experience
· 9+ years in management roles selling solutions to senior executives preferable in the Service Provider marketplace
· Willingness to Travel greater than 50% of the Time, Majority is North America
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.