Senior Corporate Counsel - General Service Provider Segment - EMEAR North Region (Benelux + Nordics)
Location:Diegem, Brabant, Belgium
Additional Location(s)Netherlands, Norway, Sweden
Area of InterestLegal
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Service Provider
Senior Corporate Counsel - General Service Provider Segment – EMEAR North Region (Benelux & Nordics)
What You Will Do
Your responsibilities will include but won’t be limited to:
* Draft, negotiate and process contracts with Cisco customers. Agreement types include among others: direct sale, RFP/RFIs, resale, nondisclosure, software license/sublicense, evaluation, cloud contracts, XaaS, flexible consumption models, dispute settlements and alliance agreements. Named Service Provider customers will be assigned in addition to regional responsibility.
* Provide advice and contract interpretation to Cisco senior management on the provisions of specific agreements as well as legal issues that might impact the business, with a particular focus on the enhancement of the Service Provider area of business.
* Secure proper approval on nonstandard legal, financial, technical and business issues raised in contract documents
* Review, analyse and maintain standard contracts and other business documents.
* Participate on and lead departmental and cross-functional teams focused on continuous process improvement.
* Assure conformity and consistency in application of Cisco legal and business policies and practices.
* Support the training requirements of client organisations by providing presentations on key legal/contract issues that impact the business.
* Demonstrate very strong skills and competence in European Competition Law and relevant guidance to the business teams.
* Have strong knowledge of data protection under EU law with particular regard to GDPR requirements, transfer of personal data and negotiating data processing agreements, as well as demonstrate strong skills in providing clear guidance to the business teams and to the EMEAR General Service Provider Segment legal team. The chosen candidate will indeed act as the subject matter expert re data protection within the team.
* Other duties as assigned.
Who You’ll Work With
Would you like to work in a dynamic in-house legal department that is using technology to transform both its own legal department and how law is practiced around the world?
Can you see yourself negotiating strategic and complex deals with leading technology companies and global service providers, to help Cisco deliver solutions that are truly changing the way we all work, live, play and learn?
Who You Are
* Adaptability. You are comfortable working in a fast paced environment and demonstrate the ability to successfully manage frequent changes in priorities, deadlines and workload.
* Business/Legal Knowledge. You have direct work experience which provides an understanding of most relevant contracting principles and Cisco business environment and experience applying this knowledge to contracting activities and to find legal creative solutions to problems presented.
* Communication and Influence. You have have strong communication skills, including the ability to professionally and concisely communicate (in writing and verbally) complex legal and business issues with senior staff both inside and outside the company.
* Continuous Learning. It is most important that you have a track record demonstrating the capacity and strong desire to learn new things and quickly apply that knowledge to specific tasks. As a senior-level position in the Legal Department, we are looking for well-developed skill levels coupled with an appetite to continue to learn new and enhance existing key competencies.
* Critical Thinking. You have a track record of conducting careful and thoughtful analysis of complex legal and business agreements and the ability to weigh and articulate the risk and reward of various scenarios in a business friendly manner.
* Organisational Abilities. You have well developed organisational and prioritisation abilities allowing for the smooth and simultaneous management of multiple projects with complex and demanding deadlines.
* Relationship Management. You have successfully operated in a matrixed team setting and been able to foster strong relationships with clients, support team members, suppliers, partners and/or customers.
* Detailed knowledge of commercial, contract and business law. Working knowledge of data protection and privacy law, intellectual property and antitrust law.
* The ability to read and understand complex contract provisions
* The ability to draft language for inclusion in a broad range of contract types
* Significant direct experience negotiating business transactions including some experience negotiating complex business transactions
* You need to be able to negotiate and draft contracts in English and French. The knowledge of another European language is always considered valuable.
General Business skills:
* Concisely and persuasively convey ideas both in writing and verbally
* Understand corporate structure and organisation charts
* Negotiate to a specific goal with little supervision
* Being creative and considered as a trusted advisor to the business
* Develop and deliver small and large group presentations
* Operate well in a team environment and act as a lead if required
* Anticipate and be responsive to customer/client requirements
* Read, understand and interpret basic financial reporting
* Identify and manage the flow of key information both up the management chain as well as across the client base
* Manage complex business transactions with little supervision including meeting deadlines, compliance with Cisco process and effective use of Cisco Playbook and other support materials
* Operate efficiently in a highly automated environment heavily dependent on e-enabled tools and communications systems including high proficiency in and effective use of basic desktop applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
* Influence/build relationships with all levels of management in Cisco
* Have a working knowledge of Cisco's technology and strategic direction
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.