Senior Data Quality Business Analyst - Multiple Locations(Job Number:692460)
At Optum, we create hundreds of custom applications and manage thousands of hardware components.
Together, we deliver smarter, faster and simpler solutions for a modern, innovative health system. We are also the career home to Senior Data Quality Business Analyst who bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day. If you strive to help people live healthier lives by building your career with a leader in health care, this is the career for you! Come share your expertise and your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
To learn more about Technology careers with UnitedHealth Group, please click here.
The ODM Senior Data Quality Business Analyst will be at the forefront of information quality and contribute to our Data Quality area. The candidate will be responsible for helping manage and develop effective data quality reporting and contribute to Dashboard initiatives. The position requires analytical abilities, creative conceptual thinking, a strong aptitude for data analysis, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively. The Analyst is expected to be part of a team where quality information is achieved, maintained, valued, and used to enable business growth and innovation.
- Identify, document, and resolve data quality issues related to business data usability
- Work closely with business analysts, applications development, and subject matter experts to translate business objectives into practical data quality business rules/requirements
- Validate that data systems meet design specifications and requirements using SQL querying of the data
- Identify data quality scope from system specifications and ensure the right coverage when it comes to validating the data against such specifications
- Determine data quality improvement recommendations as well as process improvement recommendations for the source systems
- Collaborate directly with the business data owners and business analysts to establish the quality business rules that will provide the foundation of the organization's data quality improvement plan
- Utilize data profiling to uncover data issues and perform a rules based assessment of data
- Help the business product owners implement a root cause analysis process for issues discovered during data quality assessment
- Collaborate with the Data Warehouse team to develop data quality scripts to apply to the ETL process based on the business rules defined by business data owners
- Work to develop data quality improvement reporting dashboards
- Gather metadata/documentation from source systems as applicable
- Articulate the need for and benefits of data quality to both IT and the business
Job IT Data Warehousing/Analytics
Primary Location US-MN-Minnetonka
Other Location US-NC-Raleigh, US-MA-Boston, US-IL-Chicago
Organization Optum Data Management
Number of Openings 1