Senior Data Scientist
Job Title: Senior Data Scientist
Location: Plano, TX
Category: Supply Chain
The Senior Data Scientist will be part of Global Logistics Analytics team who is tasked with building advance analytics capabilities to identify and deliver productivities through big data and machine learning for a multi-billion dollars spend business globally.
The individual will lead advance analytics capabilities development to support PepsiCo Global Logistics Analytics strategy and roadmap to create the next-gen competitive advantage for PepsiCo.
PepsiCo Global Logistics Analytics team is part of the research and development organization that develops next generation capabilities and this is an unique opportunity to join a team of passionate individuals destined to change the consumer packaged goods logistics industry by combining science, technologies, and engineering to develop solution to solve problem before it happens.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop advance analytics capabilities in Predictive models, Machine learning, optimization algorithm, natural language processing, text mining, etc. for Global Logistics to identify and deliver productivities
- Establish data model and framework that captures internal and external structure and unstructured data sources to enable predictive modeling and insights
- Lead development and execution of advance predictive model, analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze and visualize large amounts of data, using advance statistical modeling techniques and mathematical analyses to discover insights and identify opportunities
- Anticipates and solves strategic business problems with broad impact by applying leading-edge theories and techniques to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions.
- Deploy advance analytics proof-of-concept prototypes to PepsiCo logistics operations globally to identify insights and deliver solution
- Interacts with internal domestic and global business and IT groups to share findings and gain alignment on recommendation and strategy. Manage/interact with external partners/vendor to develop and deliver analytics projects.
- Master or PHD preferred in Applied Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Operations Research or related quantitative discipline
- 2 to 5 years of relevant working experience to solve complex analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine learning algorithm
- Expert in analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets
- Working knowledge of R, Python, Tableau, SAS, SQL, Hadoop or similar tools
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience incubating and commercializing new ideas, translating business problems into quantitative models, and working closely with business teams from concept generation through implementation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 113461BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.