Senior DataStage Software Engineer - Raleigh, NC or Minnesota(Job Number:695688)
There's no better time to bring your software engineering career to the health care industry.
You take pride in designing and developing solutions. Not just any solutions, but solutions that are scalable, and can be used in the marketplace to make an impact on the lives of millions. At Optum, you can bring your passion for innovation to an Agile environment where some of the smartest people you'll ever work with are working together to help make the health care system work better for everyone.
When you join us as a Senior DataStage Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to showcase your technical expertise, making historic transformation in health care and changing the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. You will be challenged with delivering high quality software products to impact the health care industry for the better. Here, you'll work at a pace you didn't know you had in you, your performance will be rewarded and, at the end of the day, you'll know you're doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Perform all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirements analysis, application design, code development, testing and deployment
- Design and code in IBM DataStage to implement product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Implement business rules via IBM DataStage, stored procedures, middleware, or other technologies
- Work closely with architects and drive solutions
- Tuning ETL jobs and SQL queries for optimization
- Review ETL code and design, UNIX scripts, SQL developed by other team members as part of ETL code governance and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance
- Troubleshoot production support issues post - deployment and come up with solutions as required
- Participate in an Agile / Scrum methodology to deliver high - quality software releases on a periodic basis through Sprints
- Participate in components of development or maintenance standards, such as organization, structure, or nomenclature, for the design of data warehouse elements, such as data architectures, models, tools, and databases
- Work as part of a project team
- Mentor and guide other software engineers within the team
- Work with upstream and downstream applications to define dependencies, interfaces, data formats etc.
Job Applications Development
Primary Location US-NC-Raleigh
Other Location US-Minnesota
Organization S&T - Product Development
Number of Openings 1