Senior Director of Application Development - Eden Prairie, MN(Job Number:706709)
Are you looking to become a leader in one of the hottest IT sectors and at one of the nation’s largest and fastest growing technology companies? Healthcare IT is a booming industry and Optum is uniquely positioned to excel in this area. We believe in independence, responsibility, accountability, and alignment toward a shared goal. We are passionate about building software to make the health care simpler and work better…in short we aim to change the world.
We are building the next generation healthcare platform utilizing cloud technologies and Agile software development methodologies. We put quality first and leverage technologies and processes to achieve unparalleled levels of quality and responsiveness. We are embracing Continuous Quality Improvement concepts, building upon a strong foundation of CI & CD to deploy meaningful value nearly continuous. We are enriching our DevOps environment to drive higher levels of quality, resiliency, and value to our business.
We are looking for a Director of Application Development to join this dynamic team. We’re looking for an ambitious candidate who eagerly embraces opportunities and conquers challenges; someone with experience managing and leading teams; someone who delivers software by diving into business and technical challenges alike; someone who loves technology and has an insatiable desire to succeed.
Watch this video to learn more about Optum Technology Careers
- An on - the - ground leader and evangelist of the ideals and vision of the organization
- Identifies and solves problems that impact the management and direction of the business
- Influences senior management decisions that impact business & technology direction
- Has segment - wide and / or enterprise - wide impact
- Work with peer Directors to ensure complete delivery of departmental goals
- Work with development, support, architecture, and management teams to ensure adherence to architectural principles and delivery expectations
- Identify opportunities for improvement across the organization, inclusive of methodology, operating model, etc. Identify and execute, kaizen!
- Participate in cross - departmental organizations to represent the department
- Manage relationships with peers, peer organizations, and executive presentations
- Manage “rapid response” team to identify opportunities and execute with high quality under tight time restrictions
- Maintain an adaptable delivery focus while acting as a change - agent within the organization
Job Applications Development
Primary Location US-MN-Eden Prairie
Number of Openings 1