Senior Director, Product Management, Cloud Services and Platform Group
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Strategy and Operations
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Who You'll Work With
As Senior Director, Product Management, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading our Product team responsible for guiding our Cloud Platform & Services strategy. You will contribute to Cisco's cloud business by defining and leading the development of innovative software platforms that enable enterprises and service providers to take advantage of cloud technologies to transform their businesses.
What You'll Do
While crafting and executing forward looking product strategies that drive significant market penetration and revenue growth, the incumbent will also serve as a key business partner and thought leader within the leadership team, and to other key stakeholders including engineering, sales and marketing.
Who You Are
We're looking for the following:
* Extraordinary leader and team player who is energetic, driven and a mentor
*Demonstrated success working closely with extremely talented research, engineering, and sales and marketing organizations to optimize the product development process.
* Demonstrated track record of success in driving the entire product lifecycle, from conception to launch, post-launch evaluation, customer feedback and improvement.
* Detailed understanding of the cloud industry and technologies, with strength in understanding how enterprises and service providers deploy and leverage cloud technologies.
*Ability to coach, support, and inspire the existing team while facilitating the growth necessary to support Cisco's new business initiatives.
* A desire to develop and bring to market business solutions built on a foundation of open cloud software platforms
* A cloud “native” with true love for all things cloud, embracing a “cloud first” mentality but with a balanced view of what it will likely take enterprises and service providers to fully take advantage of cloud technologies/platforms.
*Naturally geared toward driving results while nurturing a fun-filled work environment where the extraordinary is encouraged, reached and exceeded.
* Eager to work with product and engineering teams to make decisions about complex problems and manage feature prioritization across multiple products.
* Organically partners and communicates across functions to drive a comprehensive understanding of all product capabilities, ROI and marketplace needs.
* Passion for delivering business results, and optimizing the business performance based on the analysis and optimization based on key performance indicators.
* Ability to easily transition from technical details to strategic planning.
* An individual with strong blend of analytical decision-making and creative problem solving skills.
* Desire to work in a fast-paced growth environment where we make decisions and then design, build and ship high-quality products on time.
* 15+ years of progressive business leadership responsibility in the areas of software and cloud
* Track record of success in building and managing a multi-product portfolio with complex technological components, and driving a forward-looking fully integrated roadmap across all aspects of the business.
* Exceptional communicator with superior interpersonal skills and comfortable speaking at Trade shows and other customer-facing events. * Experience leading the competitive analysis of products and business strategies, and translating findings into effective marketing, product and sales strategies to ensure Cisco's success.
* Experience with Agile and/or DevOps development processes and product management.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.