Senior EDI Technical Analyst - Albany, NY(Job Number:707325)
UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
To learn more about Technology careers with UnitedHealth Group, please click here.
We are seeking a skilled and motivated EDI Technical Analyst to join our team. We are in need of a business analyst with proven experience in Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). This is a key role on a project team focused on building the capacity to design, develop, and implement the receipt of SPARCS X12 837I encounter data directly into NY All Payer Database (APD) - operated by Optum.
The EDI Technical Analyst serves as an EDI subject matter expert and will be responsible for ensuring X12 standards are included in project requirements, design, and development. The IT Technical Analyst will work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to analyze and assess core business requirements, processes or procedures utilizing best business practices and current analysis techniques and methodologies.
- Work closely with internal and external customers to gather business requirements and translate requirements clearly into accurate specifications
- Analyze and design specifications used for enhancements and extensions in EDI applications, interfaces, and mappings
- Establish, document, and maintain EDI procedures/processes
- Diagnose problems with EDI processes, working with other technical and/or business resources as necessary
- Develop EDI and batch process monitoring to track levels of activity, compiling and tracking metrics
- Support the development of technical EDI implementation documentation, technical reports and payer companion guides
- Prepare and/or review deliverables and enforce the approval process of deliverables to ensure adherence to EDI standards
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to business users in a clear and concise manner
- Facilitate technical meetings, as needed
- Collaborate with ETL developers, Business Analysts and Project Manager (PM) to ensure project requirements/requests for changes are understood and within standards
- Provide guidance/assistance to team members where needed to help ensure issues are resolved by assigned due date. Escalate concerns with ability to meet due dates to PM
- Research issues and cases to determine root cause and provide impact analysis for ongoing issues, changes, and requests for new functionality
Job IT Data Warehousing/Analytics
Primary Location US-NY-Albany
Organization Optum Data Management
Number of Openings 1