Senior Finance Manager - Global Nutrition R&D
Job Title: Senior Finance Manager - Global Nutrition R&D
Location: Barrington, IL
Finance Sr. Manager, Global Nutrition R&D
- Financial planning and analysis supporting the Global Nutrition R&D team with a budget of $146MM.
- Manage one L8 Financial Analyst and support a team of 300+ R&D employees.
- Coordinate period close and forecasting processes for all cost centers including detailed forecast submissions, variance analysis and explanations for forecast changes. Serve as the primary contact for all BU F,P&A requests.
- Key business partner to the Barrington R&D Leadership Team (BLT). Meet regularly with the R&D leadership team to review budgets and forecasts, provide smart spend updates and share financial results and guidance at BLT meetings.
- Provide financial reports to all R&D budget owners each period, highlighting and investigating significant variances to plan/forecast.
- Lead project accounting, tracking and forecasting process for Global Nutrition R&D.
- Co-ordinate the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) process for Global Nutrition R&D working with budget owners on cost center forecasts and platform leaders on project forecasts.
- Manage a capital budget of $6MM working with the R&D teams to prioritize projects, forecast spending and ensure all required accounting processes are followed.
- Serve as Smart Spend subject matter expert for the Barrington site
- Co-ordinate and oversee three yearly fixed asset audit by partnering with an external vendor to ensure SAP fixed asset records are up to date.
- Manage internal control activities including document management, records retention and SAP auditing. Lead all new process control initiatives for the site.
- Lead the finance support for the R&D tax credit audit of the site.
- Support ad hoc projects as requested.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA or CPA preferred
- 8+ years of experience
- Takes ownership of and accountability for deliverables with limited day to day supervision
- Ability to build relationships, manage conflict and embrace change
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to translate analytical findings into actionable solutions.
- Strong attention to detail
- Results-oriented, able to complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner, and the ability to manage multiple, changing priorities
- Advanced PC skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and SAP
- Excellent organization, presentation, and communication skills
- Leadership and vision required to set the agenda and establish priorities
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management
- Ability to work as a team player and lead cross functional teams
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 116120BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.