Senior Fleet Engineer
Job Title: Senior Fleet Engineer
Location: Plano, TX
Category: Supply Chain
PepsiCo, a leader in the food and beverage industry, has an opening for an Senior Engineer - Fleet Operations to support the strategic development and tactical execution of Supply Chain Fleet strategy. The candidate must have superb organizational, communication, and analytical skills. Must have sound judgment, strong multitasking abilities and the motivation and drive to help the Fleet Team reach its World Class Fleet goals.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Vehicle Specifications and Builds - responsible for vehicle specifications and new vehicle builds to achieve life cycle, cost, safety, and fuel efficiency targets.
- Fleet Technical Leadership - partner with fleet suppliers and vehicle manufacturers to identify, develop, and implement new technology.
- Support fleet sustainability agenda to comply with emissions regulations, reduce fuel usage, operating cost, and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Partner with Engineering and Operations team members to deliver solutions that improve user efficiency and safety, vehicle reliability, and enable sales system growth.
- Become involved in the industry: Peer fleets, professional organizations, gov't and non-government organizations, trade associations, and academia to align with industry and bring outside ideas in.
- Support the asset purchasing process - liaison/partner with PepsiCo Global Procurement and Fleet Capital Manager to ensure vehicles are purchased on time at the right cost, quality, and performance.
- Leadership capability - demonstrated cross-functional leadership and collaboration to solve problems.
- Ability to evaluate & optimize technical solutions for desired financial & business impact.
- Ability to clearly communicate and win support of ideas and plans to all levels of the organization, both written and verbally.
- Critical thinking, strong analytical skills and data-based approach to decision making.
- Ability to travel to field locations and suppliers (30-50% travel as required by the project timeline)
- Ability to lead meetings of various sizes with varied constituents and present/speak effectively.
- 5+ years of experience and track record of business results, project management capability, and teamwork.
- Ability to integrate into the PepsiCo Fleet Team and contribute to people and organizational development.
Desirable Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge and familiarity with product development cycles, testing and validation, and manufacturing concepts and practice.
- Knowledge of fleet and automotive industry, technology and operation.
- Understanding and demonstration of PepsiCo values and culture.
Required Education/Professional Experiences:
- 5+ years
- BS Engineering. MBA or advanced degree a definite plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 113492BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.