Senior Front End Developer
Job Code: 393658
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
Prudential is looking for a Front End Software Engineer who has passion for new technologies, understands responsive web development, can prototype rapidly, and turn concepts to life. As a developer, you care about quality of code, understand how to work with several content types, love to learn new technologies, and are ready to adapt on changing design frameworks and design principles. Experience in mobile not needed but preferred. Needless to say, you will have knowledge on how back-end systems work. Details are critical as you iterate on complex interactions and have pride in your work output. We are looking for someone who loves a good challenge and can work collaboratively.
We are building a startup culture in a company that is touching 20 Million lives, yet thinks agile. A company where talent drives success and your work touches everyone from a 25 year old to folks over 90 years old living in retirement. We care about web accessibility. We care how we treat our customers. Our employees are passionate about what they do and make it happen.
- Collaborate with product management, marketing, designers, and technology and architecture teams
- Work in a rapid pace environment with ability to juggle multiple projects
- Enjoy learning about our customers and our businesses
- Proven ability to work in an iterative/Agile environment
BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of front end development experience
- Proficiency in XHTML / HTML5, CSS3, Sass, Scss, and Bootstrap frameworks
- Experience with incorporating accessibility into prototypes preferred
- Working knowledge of Bower and Grunt
- Working knowledge of Github or Subversion
- Ability to deliver end to end solution - A conceptual thinker who can articulate and execute his/her vision from concept to production
- A TECHIE that lives for emerging technologies and is hungry to keep learning
- An entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to collaborate in a corporate environment
- Enjoys working hard and appreciates a good laugh
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Information Technology